Running for myself

Options
riannrn
riannrn Posts: 4 Member
My name is Riann and I am a ICU RN, mother of 3 and a wife. I wear multiple titles along with having hypothyroidism and had forgotten about a very important person, myself. My everyday activities include taking care of the sick and my family as well as my friends. I had spent so much time taking care of everyone else I forgot to take care of myself. I have been pregnant 5 times with all babies one after another with 2 miscarriages. I was chauffeuring kids and working full time and managing a husbands schedule as well. It wasn't until I made the commitment in May 2013 to run the marine Corp 10k that I fully committed to finally taking care of myself! I downloaded the fitness pal app and began documenting my eating as well as my exercising. Watching what I was actually putting into my mouth was the eye opener! I documented everything! The weight slowly began coming off, because as I previously mentioned I have a thyroid disorder. However I have stuck with it! Post my 3 precious baby I weighed 228lbs I am a 5'8 frame almost 5'9 but I have a large bone frame as well. I now weigh 167.4lbs as of today! I am striving to a goal weight of 156lbs. Last year I participated in the marine Corp 10k again and this year I plan on running in the full marathon 26.2miles! I work out 4-5 times a week running or the eliptical. I have incorporated weights as of last week, we shall see how that goes! I'm writing this not to brag but to let people know it can be done! It has taken me 2 years to get to where I'm at but I've kept it off, and eat what I want! No diet foods!!!!!!! I just plug it into my fitness pal and it lets me know how much I have left! Thanks for reading this if you have taken the time to do so, and know that I can be the cheerleader for you if you need me to be! The pictures I have posted are Oct 2013 and Oct 2015, exactly 2 years apart. You got this!!!

Replies

• riannrn
    Options
  • EnduringEducator
    EnduringEducator Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all your hard work! You're an inspiration!
  • southportmom2fab5
    southportmom2fab5 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Taking care of yourself doesn't take away from others, it actually makes you better at it, a win-win for sure. Congrats on your successes so far...I can tell there is a lot more to come for you.!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Gosh lass. You have done, and are doing, so well.

Very good words. They give me a touch more hope. Thank you :-)
  • lemonaid7
    lemonaid7 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! You are an inspiration! What an amazing gift you have given yourself, you are also a fantastic role model for your family & patients!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • dollieH
    dollieH Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Well done
  • riannrn
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words plan on keeping this updated as the weeks go by!
  • sandiikat
    sandiikat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for sharing your story truly incredible! :) btw you're also very beautiful!
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    You rock!!!! :):) Great work!!!
  • Browneyedgirl140
    Browneyedgirl140 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! You look beautiful. Good luck if you decide to do a marathon! It was probably the most challenging thing I have ever done but the feeling of accomplishment made all the training, long runs, eating right worth it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!