No gym, just diet!

Options
Lost half a stone with no gym and just watching my calories with MFP in 2 weeks. It actually works! I'm made up

Replies

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is all it takes.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • benjimweller
    benjimweller Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Cheers peeps. It's the way forward in the winter
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    congrats
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is indeed made in the kitchen but I've found out if I drop weight and don't exercise I end up looking like a smaller version of what I was. In other words I still had moobs and flappy triceps, still out of shape. Weight loss was only part of the equation, exercise also helps with the aesthetic part as well as increased strength and overall fitness.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    yes, you lose weight in the kitchen.

however, in the gym you gain fitness and 'appearance'
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yep. Good work!
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
    I lost 59lbs with only dieting and still loosing. I will hit my goal in a few months. I started dieting in May of 2015. My next goal is to tone up, strength training, etc. Which I'd like to start very soon!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I am 'toning up' and strength training at the same time I'm losing weight. This way I retain more muscle, become healthier and more functional, and offset the many problems that weight gain created. For these reasons, I'll continue to exercise after I reach my goal weight in a few months. Unless there is a medical condition that prevents exercise, I don't know why anyone would do it any other way. I don't particularly love exercise itself, but I do love the results it brings.
    Sw 301
    CW 174
    GW 150
    19 months
  • benjimweller
    Options
    All good 'food' for thought. I agree!!
  • kportwood85
    kportwood85 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Great job!

I am no where near a gym, and I don't have 3+ hrs to spend a day (an hr to a gym, an hr home, +the actual hour working out!), plus a spare $xx a month for a membership. So, I workout at home. And, I originally felt really lame. I used to have a gym membership, I wanted it back. But, it isn't an option right now. So, I walk a lot. I do Zumba youtube videos. I get DVDs from the library. And, since Christmas I'm down 10 pounds, just counting calories and working out at home.
  • mgodfrey0202
    mgodfrey0202 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Me too! My first couple if weeks were "the trial period" to see if it would be compatible with my life style. And by just recording, I became very conscious of my food choices and naturally limited my "bad choices". Also, hitting that "complete diary" button was like a reward in a game (yep, I used to be a gamer, or more like a game addict now recovering lol). :)
  • gracepost123
    gracepost123 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great motivation! Thanks :) and good job!!
  • heldavi
    heldavi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great start, I do agree with others about the gym, building muscle as that will be visible with weight loss - you dont want to be skin and bones!
    I quit the gym to workout at home as that works better for me. 30 mins a day is totally doable.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Thats brilliant! its the plan I am following too, and like you, I am dead chuffed about the results!
  • benjimweller
    Options
    It's just tooooo cold!! Once I have the food thing locked down I'll hit the gym like freight train!!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    It's just tooooo cold!! Once I have the food thing locked down I'll hit the gym like freight train!!

does your gym not have heat?
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Wait a damn minute.

So you lost weight from simply consuming less calories than you expend?! I've never heard such a thing. Who would've known such a basic concept can produce actual results.
  • benjimweller
    Options
    Hahaha cheeky
  • simplycidalia
    simplycidalia Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I wish I could lose that much in one week. But, alas, I'm a short female. :p