Swim Time

LargeFoot
LargeFoot Posts: 28 Member
Headed to the pool. Hopefully I can get 2200 meters in.

Replies

• crb426
    crb426 Posts: 661 Member
    Good luck!

Funny story: When I was pregnant (early stage) I decided that my exercise of choice would be to swim. I was so motivated that I spent almost an hour swimming back and forth. I felt so good! Then I tried to get out of the pool and couldn't get up the ladder because my legs were so tired! It took me a good 5 minutes of major effort to lift myself out of the water. Ha!
  • LargeFoot
    crb426 wrote: »
    Good luck!

Funny story: When I was pregnant (early stage) I decided that my exercise of choice would be to swim. I was so motivated that I spent almost an hour swimming back and forth. I felt so good! Then I tried to get out of the pool and couldn't get up the ladder because my legs were so tired! It took me a good 5 minutes of major effort to lift myself out of the water. Ha!

Well I wasn't that tired after my workout but I did work really hard while I was there!

• kmsoucy457
    kmsoucy457 Posts: 237 Member
    I'm going tonight after work! I always shoot for a mile, but it gets difficult to keep track after a few dozen laps...
  • LargeFoot
    I know!!! I have a Garmin Swim watch and I no longer have to keep track of the distance. You've got to love technology!!!

Have a good swim tonight!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    I have a vivofit and it counts each stroke as a step. hahahaha.
  • mmmpork
    mmmpork Posts: 133 Member
    To determine distance I just time a few laps to get a rough average and then make an estimation based on the total time I swam. It's not as accurate as a device but it's good if you don't have a device and can't bother keeping count in your head.