share your tiny victories!

Options

Replies

• Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hmmm made it through a 30 minute workout this am when I wanted to give up every two minutes starting at the ten minute mark...sometimes you gotta gut through it when you are not feeling it. So strange some days it is so easy to workout, some days its torture.....sigh...
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread for me. I am so freaking self-critical, even after 30 lbs down and hovering in maintenance. I'm going to try and create a personal journal with this theme every day to keep me in a better mind frame.

I suppose I can be proud that instead of doing 15 min intervals on the treadmill this morning like is planned, I did 20 min.
  • spzjlb
    Options
    Rdsgoal16 wrote: »
    Hmmm made it through a 30 minute workout this am when I wanted to give up every two minutes starting at the ten minute mark...sometimes you gotta gut through it when you are not feeling it. So strange some days it is so easy to workout, some days its torture.....sigh...

I know how you feel!! Good for you to get in your workout!

Not always, but sometimes I think that being a bit dehydrated makes it harder. Make sure you have a couple of glasses of water the evening before. (Yeah yeah - I pee 1-2x during the night, too.)
  • spzjlb
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I love this thread!

My small victory is that I made an effort everyday to walk up and down the stairs a few times during my lunch break just to get in additional activity. Even though it made me feel tremendously out of shape I did it and so glad that I was able to accomplish it 5 days in a row.

@happypenguin13 - There used to be a lady in our building (6 flights) who did all four sets of stairs twice daily during her coffee breaks. She was nice and slim, and attributed much of her fitness to the few minutes of stairs she did each work day. She retired recently, so she wasn't a little energetic 20-something. She was an energetic, menopausal woman! Inspiration for everyone. A couple of other office ladies joined and they got in a nice bit of friendly visiting, to boot!

I'm going to do the stairs now, thanks to your post
  • BeautyNovice
    BeautyNovice Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have two to share:
    1. I'm currently completing round two of CIZE (4 weeks per round), which includes an 8 minute ab routine. I set a goal at the beginning of round two to be able to get through the entire ab routine without any unscheduled breaks. At the start of round two I was taking nine unscheduled breaks. Today was my last opportunity, and I made it. No unscheduled breaks! Yay me!
    2. Today I'm wearing a belt that a couple months ago I couldn't fasten at all. Not even close. I'm on the first loop, but I'm wearing it!!
  • uidb5259
    uidb5259 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Coworker asked me today if I am losing weight. It feel good to hear that it shows on more then the scale. Not that I need their approval but knowing that all this work is making a difference!
  • Imomw2016
    Imomw2016 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My tiny victory was that because I'm working out so much more, I invested in some new workout gear.
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I just had the tiny victory of having to adjust the settings in my heart rate monitor to reflect my loss so far. B)
  • larali1980
    larali1980 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I had to punch a new hole in my belt today.
  • becca_rup23
    becca_rup23 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Made it to the gym today and had salad with dinner! (which on weekends used to be mostly junk foods)
  • hmthomas317
    hmthomas317 Posts: 42 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I took my kids out to dinner tonight and ordered a lean steak with veggies and a lemonade(which I did not finish drinking) . I'm a big fan of burgers and sandwiches with fries and soda(I gave up soda right after xmas), so I consider this a better choice, especially because it was from the "healthy" section of the menu that I usually avoid like the plague.
  • jaimemeredith
    jaimemeredith Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    KareninLux wrote: »
    Walked to AND from work today - 12 kms total. Workin' on a good calorie deficit for a Friday! Yay.
    that's awesome!
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I wear scrubs at work so I can hide a lot of little failures (LOL). I have been logging and staying near my calorie goal since the first of the year. Lost 10 lbs of water or whatever so, on a whim, I tried a smaller size. Yeah, I'm in to an XXL instead of an XXXL size scrub!
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    (All happened during this past weekend) I grabbed the skin 1 inch above my iliac crest on each side & found the thickness has significantly decreased, tensed my ab and saw more muscle definition, and, the highlight of the weekend, I (kind of) motivated my SO to start weight training again!!!
  • LEAS86
    LEAS86 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    logged for 2 weeks straight - even the naughty fallen off the wagon weekend days - and got straight back on the wagon rather than wallowing in kitkats and misery!
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Made a new low calorie lunch for today, a tuna veggie pita thing! Can't wait to try it.
  • meglet2202
    meglet2202 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've been a little careless in my logging and eating lately and my tshirt felt slightly tight this morning, so I prelogged all of my food and I've been sticking to it. I was going to eat junk today, but I'm feeling motivated again, for the first time since Christmas, really. This is a victory for me that I'm feeling back into it instead of letting myself go like I might have in the past.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Got my cholesterol numbers back today after 6 months of being off of my statin meds (talked my doc into it last summer after losing 38 pounds). I have since lost 14 more pounds and my cholesterol numbers are all good.
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Got my cholesterol numbers back today after 6 months of being off of my statin meds (talked my doc into it last summer after losing 38 pounds). I have since lost 14 more pounds and my cholesterol numbers are all good.

This is a great victory!! You should be so proud!!
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    FatimaStartsAllOver Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    My tiny victory is actually a huge victory to "me". I weighed in today at the lowest number I've seen in my adult life. Still have a nice way to go but I'm getting there. Thanks to MFP and many flights of stairs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!