Motivation needed

Options
I really need help with staying on track with my daily workouts. I've set a goal for myself, but i find myself getting back into old, unhealthy habits. I find it hard to stay on track because I have no one to actually motivate me. Please help.

Replies

• DianeVG
    DianeVG Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have never done this before but find myself in need of motivation also
    I have always wanted to lose weight especially since I hit the 200 mark (209.4 to be exact)......I would be happy to lend a hand!
  • kaylaashay
    kaylaashay Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow. You can do it. I wanted to loose weight because I'm about to hit the 200 mark also and I'm a teenager.
  • mgodfrey0202
    mgodfrey0202 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Keep track and record your food and exercise nonetheless. It's okay to slip time to time as long as you get back on the wagon. :smile:

I don't have money to join the gym, so I've searched body weight exercise routine and some combined cardio workouts. Sometimes it's difficult to stay motivated all the time, but I try to push myself to finish what I set for the day by the end of the day. Sometimes I finish them at 11:30 pm, but that's fine with me. :smile:

Also, I'm known to be super charged at the beginning of anything then slowly lose interest and eventually fall off of whatever it maybe. So I intentionally set a goal to change a little bit at a time to slowly build my new habit. I mostly focused on cooking meals at home at the beginning, then I added a walk to my schedule, then some body weight exercise, then some at-home cardio. I don't accomplish everything everyday. In those difficult days when my willpower and motivation are low, I just go back to focusing on eating healthy. Also, if I don't want to do any exercise at all, I at least do some house cleaning (an hour or so) which still counts about the same amount of calories as walking.

Please note that you will never, ever possibly fail. You are on the right track no matter what. You will come back to it and you know it. :wink:
  • JQuinnLife
    JQuinnLife Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Type motivation into YouTube, that always really gets me in gear on those days that I'm feeling the weight of iron bearing down my back to be too heavy.
  • mgodfrey0202
    mgodfrey0202 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ooo. Good point. Actually, I go through the success stories forum regularly to recharge myself too. :D
  • kaylaashay
    Options
    Thanks guys. I will do that !
  • george7527
    george7527 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, I have good intentions while i'm at work but as soon as i get home it's totally gone which make me feel shite (sorry). feel free to add me maybe we could help each other out.
  • kaylaashay
    Options
    @george7527 I will