Any other lazy people?

Options
2»

Replies

• lynnstrick01
    lynnstrick01 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I just keep thinking of more things to add to the list.... get up and walk over to your boss or colleague to ask a question instead of hitting speed dial.

take the stairs not the elevator,

even when you are just relaxing and watching TV, kick your feet, do leg lifts, or lift small hand weights

Best watching TV exercise ever, its just toooo easy just tighten and loosen your stomach muscles
    its kind of like a really low impact sit up. If you think it doesn't work just try doing it through an entire 30 minute sit-com.. ( you will feel it)

don't have the bag boy load your groceries into the car do it yourself

when unloading groceries, don't carry as many bags as you can in 1 trip,.. take one or 2 bags at a time, make more trips to and from the car.

all of this seems so simple, but over a days time you would be amazed how many calories you could burn, there is a website.. I cant remember which one it is, that counts calories for things like this..https://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc.. you simply input your gender, height and weight, then choose an activity, enter approximate number of minutes for that activity, and it will tell you approximately how many calories you burned,

just for fun, i entered 20 minutes cooking, 10 minutes ironing, 10 minutes unloading car, 10 minutes mopping and 20 minutes of sex that came up to 424 calories.. for 80 minutes of daily activity that you would't even notice that is more calories than a boring 60 minute walk on a treadmill ( at 3mph which is average walking speed)

Give me the daily activities any day

Again the calculation will not be exact, it depends on how vigorously you approach each activity, your burn could be a little more or less, but it still gives you a number that you can track and be fairly close
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Oh my, how I could seriously sit on the couch all day long and be totally content. In the summer I have very little problem being active and not so lazy (plus my work schedule is busy) in the winter my work schedule slows, the weather is yucky and I am such a bum! I find that knowing if I don't stay active or at least get in my workout that I don't get to eat as much sure helps! I love food...and snacking. Once the results start showing then it's hard to keep me on the couch though! I'm saying this from experience because last year I almost hit my goal then some stuff happened and I gained back some of it. I'm back in it now and slowly getting my motivation back!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I see some people mentioning the Zombies Run app...I got as far as downloading it. I haven't put on a real pair of sneakers to do cardio since last May probably. I really do want to try this app though.
  • lizkharvey
    lizkharvey Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Never heard of the Zombies Run app.. sounds interesting lol
  • lizkharvey
    Options
    larali1980 wrote: »
    I think most people are lazy. I know I am!!!!! The only thing that got me out the door this morning was seeing this:

rj808go91bq1.jpg

Checking exercise off my to-do list seems to motivate me. I love seeing all my to-do things crossed through at the end of the day.

I LOVE THIS :love:
  • lizkharvey
    Options
    I just keep thinking of more things to add to the list.... get up and walk over to your boss or colleague to ask a question instead of hitting speed dial.

take the stairs not the elevator,

even when you are just relaxing and watching TV, kick your feet, do leg lifts, or lift small hand weights

Best watching TV exercise ever, its just toooo easy just tighten and loosen your stomach muscles
    its kind of like a really low impact sit up. If you think it doesn't work just try doing it through an entire 30 minute sit-com.. ( you will feel it)

don't have the bag boy load your groceries into the car do it yourself

when unloading groceries, don't carry as many bags as you can in 1 trip,.. take one or 2 bags at a time, make more trips to and from the car.

all of this seems so simple, but over a days time you would be amazed how many calories you could burn, there is a website.. I cant remember which one it is, that counts calories for things like this..https://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc.. you simply input your gender, height and weight, then choose an activity, enter approximate number of minutes for that activity, and it will tell you approximately how many calories you burned,

just for fun, i entered 20 minutes cooking, 10 minutes ironing, 10 minutes unloading car, 10 minutes mopping and 20 minutes of sex that came up to 424 calories.. for 80 minutes of daily activity that you would't even notice that is more calories than a boring 60 minute walk on a treadmill ( at 3mph which is average walking speed)

Give me the daily activities any day

Again the calculation will not be exact, it depends on how vigorously you approach each activity, your burn could be a little more or less, but it still gives you a number that you can track and be fairly close

Firs thing I thought.... Wow where are you from? I wish I had "bag boys" hahaha!
  • JQuinnLife
    JQuinnLife Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It's not about being lazy, it's about setting up a habit.

My habit now is to drink my pre-workout on the way home from work and go straight to gym. Anyone who has ever drank pre-workout knows you can't *kitten* around after you drink it, you NEED to work out.

After doing that for a couple weeks, now I can't help but go to the gym right after work.

So set up a habit, and laziness will never enter the frame.
  • CampLondon
    CampLondon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    LEAN, MEAN, POP PILATES MACHINE. – Kiersten D’nae Turpin
    Read more at http://www.blogilates.com/blog/2012/05/11/my-top-motivational-fitness-quotes/#OmvX3rxI2C7tY7OX.99
  • justin_1434
    justin_1434 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy AF lol
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i'm lazy but i'm also a stickler for routine so I found some classes at my gym that I like and I go to them every week, just knowing that it's part of my regular routine is enough for me to get off my *kitten* and go. if it wasn't a planned out thing it would never happen.
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* Working out is just part of my routine now. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it, but it always gets done.
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Typically, I'm not one who's easily lured away from the computer screen.

chrowj3uhn53.jpg

I've always thought working out was very boring. But when I framed working out as a performance-based activity, I found that I really enjoy it. I usually don't skip work out since I know it'll affect my progression to a certain goal, and ability to be competitive if I join a competition. I think it's important to choose an activity that's performance based. Maybe join a race and train for that, or a powerlifting competition, or some intramural league.
  • Triplestep
    Triplestep Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    If you have the funds, hire a trainer. And before you say you don't have the funds ... do you eat dinner out once a week? There; you have the funds. :smile:

I know this is not for everyone; most other times in my life it would have been unthinkable. But after changing jobs and getting a little bump in salary, I decided to apply some money to this laziness problem. Just having the routine in my life really helped me do more on my own the other days of the week.
  • heyiitsmo
    heyiitsmo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm really lazy too. I've only recently started pushing myself to workout because I've been doing these workout challenges but before I found those I used to do what I call bootleg workouts lol. They weren't legit workouts but it was a little something to at least keep me a little more active. I would just give a little oomf to daily things. Like when I would pick up one of my kids toys or something off the floor I would do 5 squats then pick it up. Instead of using the down stairs bathroom I would walk upstairs to use that one. If I was laying down on my phone or watching tv I would do leg raises or crunches (any laying down exercises). It doesn't sound like much but to a lazy person or someone like me who has 2 kids and is always worn out its at least a little something or a start till you can get the energy to fully work out. Now I work out an hour a day doing my daily challenges on top of my bootleg workouts and playing with my kids (which is a workout all in itself) haha but just start slow and soon you'll be able to do full work outs.
  • lizkharvey
    Options
    That's a good idea I think if I can find a routine it'll help me. I really like structure and I get anxious about doing things wrong so it's hard for me to start a routine myself but once I find a good one I'll probably enjoy it
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I need to find something I like otherwise I won't work out, or I will for two weeks and then it will fizzle out. Unfortunately my two big activities are horseback riding and snowboarding, it doesn't require any effort for me to go out and do those things. Unfortunately, I can't because I moved to the south and I am in medical school and horses=$$$. I like to do yoga and although it isn't the best cardiovascular/strength activity (although it is work!), at least I am doing -something-.
  • JessRaddatz
    JessRaddatz Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Another lazy person here. I could totally sit around and do nothing all day....if I let myself. And, I'm not gonna lie. My workout is the ONLY activity I get on a lot of Saturdays and Sundays!

I'm with the people who say working out is just part of their routine now. It's just something I have to do in the day; like waking up or going to work. I prefer to work out after work, but I definitely have to do it right after work. I have a perfectly good treadmill at home and running is my preferred exercise, but I still go to the gym....to run....on the treadmill. Why? Because I know that if I go home the chances of me ignoring the couch calling my name are slim. So, I don't give myself the chance to skip it. I go from work straight to the gym. I make sure that I don't make plans that interfere with my gym time. It's really non-negotiable. Plus, if I work out then I feel like sitting on the couch all night is justified :)