How do you reward yourself?

I've been back logging properly for ten days and already half a stone down (I wish most of it wasn't water weight haha). My long term goal is to lose 3 stone in total then reevaluate but that is a long way off.
I want to reward myself for every stone I lose (only half away from the first!!!!) but can't decide what with.

Do you reward yourselves or are the numbers, measurements and stats enough? Mini goals and rewards or a big one? What do you reward yourself with?

Replies

• Clothes (but not too often because sizes keep going down and $$) and things that help further my goals. I bought a Fitbit when I hit 100 lost.
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Yep, clothes!

Although, I did buy too many mediums that I wore once (or not at all) before becoming a size small. Who knew I'd ever be a "small"?!!
  • robynmoosehead
    robynmoosehead Posts: 66 Member
    I'm so torn on clothes. I loathe to spend money on something I hopefully won't be using very long but on the other hand, yay new clothes.

Maybe a winter knit. Still great even when oversized?
  • robynmoosehead
    Ooh or a new fun kitchen gadget? It's practical at least?
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Sometimes a new clothing item (I bought new smaller size jeans this weekend that actually came on a long length woohoo), sometimes something fitness related although at this point I have what I need for now - stuff I actually use, sometimes something else small that I want which could be sewing supplies or a movie or book, etc.

I don't go for specific goals to reward myself. I do it time to time knowing that I deserve to treat me. I didn't do that for a lot of years.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    I buy myself lots of little treats as I go along. To me it's all a part of making myself feel good, just like eating right and exercising. Sometimes it's a new piece of workout gear. Makeup or a new nail polish. A nice (but kinda pricey) shampoo I love. A coffee at Starbucks (that's fits my calories of course). Books...
  • TenaciousTAZ
    TenaciousTAZ Posts: 135 Member
    I buy new music for my workouts....a $10 gift card to Itunes when I hit a mini-goal...then I have new music to keep going!
  • bigrednewfie
    bigrednewfie Posts: 6 Member
    I told myself that if I stuck to CrossFit for a year I'd buy actual CrossFit shoes. So with my anniversary coming up tomorrow, that's what I did. I've had to buy new workout clothes as I've gone along cause the old one were literally falling off especially if we did any skipping. LOL
  • shemckinley
    shemckinley Posts: 9 Member
    I discovered thrifting just before I started MFP, and it's a great way to reward yourself with clothes without breaking the bank. I just go to Goodwill, not high-end consignment stores. You have to be patient, and you basically scoop up a bunch of clothes that might fit you and try them all on. But you can find so many interesting styles, quality fabrics, it's amazing!
  • robynmoosehead
    I discovered thrifting just before I started MFP, and it's a great way to reward yourself with clothes without breaking the bank. I just go to Goodwill, not high-end consignment stores. You have to be patient, and you basically scoop up a bunch of clothes that might fit you and try them all on. But you can find so many interesting styles, quality fabrics, it's amazing!

Charity shops didn't even cross my mind! What's happened to me? Some of my favourite bits are from charity shops.
  • robynmoosehead
    So it looks like little and often seems to be winning so far?
    Does it make you guys more determined to stick to it?
  • lizkharvey
    lizkharvey Posts: 65 Member
    I do a cheat day once a week and am still losing weight
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    losing the weight IS the reward.... :/
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,798 Member
    I celebrate things by going for long, long bicycle rides.

The first time I came across a thread about rewarding ourselves for losing weight and other accomplishments, several months ago, the idea felt completely foreign to me. As above, losing weight is the reward ... achieving the other accomplishments is the reward.

And when it comes to stuff like clothing, jewellery, something for the kitchen or whatever, I just go buy it when I decide I need it.

But I've done some thinking about it, and I guess in a way, I do "reward" myself when I achieve something or when something significant happens because I go on a celebratory or "in honour of" long, long bicycle ride.

That's what my husband and I did on our wedding day ... we cycled 100 miles and then got married on a lake in a remote mountain location. That's what I've done when I finish a course ... get another certificate or degree or whatever. And I was on a 200 km event when my first niece was born.

So maybe think about something you'd like to do rather than get.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Since I am doing this to lose weight the reward is the success. I celebrate by smiling and being proud of myself. What other reward do I need?

I do buy myself things now and then that I need or just want because I want some little special thing. A hot soak in a nice bubble bath with a book, a decadent treat that fits my calorie goals, a new book, a new band for my fitbit tracker... a whole day at home in my PJ's, those are just things I do because it is a part of good self care. When you feel good you are likely to be more successful, so don't wait until you feel good or think you have earned it to treat yourself to something nice. Be good to you because of all people you deserve to be treated well by yourself.
  • JP_909
    JP_909 Posts: 816 Member
    Wings & Beer