Craving chicken stir fry... BUT never made it!

Options
La_Amazona
La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
Any recipes? I have:

chicken
onions
some yellow and orange bell peppers
garlic
fresh green beans

what else and how? Thanks!

Replies

• cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    So easy!
    I just dice up my veggies. Add some olive oil to a deep skillet or wok and heat it up. Toss in veggies. Add seasonings ( garlic, pepper, salt, whatever else you like) Cook until tender. Remove veggies. add chicken (diced). Cook until done. Add a little chicken broth or water to pan if it get too dry while cooking chicken. When chicken done, add veggies back in and toss until comined well. You are ready to eat! Yummy, super easy and healthy!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I usually add chicken, spinach, asparagus, red onions, baby corn, bok choy and broccoli....chili paste (sriracha) and soy sauce.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I use chicken then I buy fresh veggies from Albertsons that are in the prepackaged lettuce sections...They are are "broccoli stir fry mix", the bag has about 4 serving sizes of veggies.

If you want more ideas message me! My husband is on a stir fry kick and I've been making it for his lunch everyday, so I'm an expert at variations!
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I usually cook the chicken with a little olive oil until almost done, then add the veggies and cook until done. I season with soy sauce and some powdered ginger to taste. Serve over brown rice. If it's a little dry for you, you can add some fat free chicken broth, but you won't need much. The veggies and soy sauce should add enough sauce. The veggies I usually use are onion, broccoli, carrots, peppers, and mushrooms.
  • catm82
    catm82 Posts: 4
    Options
    I use chicken, olive oil, broccoli, salad onions and mange tout, and soy sauce and sometimes add in some baby corn.

it's pretty easy... fry the chicken in the a little olive oil, add some soy sauce, then add your veggies... at the same time cook some rice or noodles if you're having any.

you can add pretty much anything you want, it's just down to your own taste, you can add spices to the chicken, I like ginger and garlic in a pork stir fry - yum :-)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I make chicken stir fry about once a week. It's fast, easy and relatively inexpensive. I'm feeding three of us and try not to have leftovers because they just don't seem to keep that great overnight.

8 oz chicken breast
    1 package frozen stir fry veggies (fresh mixed veggies will do, as well)
    1 or 2 cups of some sort of fresh veggie or extra frozen veggies I have on hand (cabbage, carrots, broccoli, green beans, bean sprouts, mushrooms, etc.)
    2 tsp garlic powder (or to taste)
    2 tsp onion powder (or to taste)
    low sodium soy sauce to taste

I start with the chicken by slicing it into thin strips and putting it into a frying pan with a tablespoon or so of olive oil. Sprinkle the garlic and onion powders on the chicken and cook the outside of the strips. Then add the veggies and soy sauce. Cook until heated through. When using fresh veggies, it'd probably be better to take the chicken out for a bit as fresh take longer to cook (except cabbage which is pretty quick) and you don't want to dry out the chicken.

You can add cooked spaghetti noodles at the very end and toss to heat them. You can also serve with rice or just by itself.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing ginger but I don't have any. I do have soy sauce but I hear to take it real easy on it.
    I'll be making it tonight but no noodles or rice. Yum!
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    So easy!
    I just dice up my veggies. Add some olive oil to a deep skillet or wok and heat it up. Toss in veggies. Add seasonings ( garlic, pepper, salt, whatever else you like) Cook until tender. Remove veggies. add chicken (diced). Cook until done. Add a little chicken broth or water to pan if it get too dry while cooking chicken. When chicken done, add veggies back in and toss until comined well. You are ready to eat! Yummy, super easy and healthy!

^^^ what she said. You might add a bit of low sodium soy sauce, at the end, or try some sesame oil in with the olive oil to give it an Asian flavor if you have any, maybe some red pepper flakes to spice it up some. If you have some brown rice you could serve over rice.
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Stir fry is my go to meal when I am broke or don't have a lot of time. I LOVE it and I always keep the ingredients around so that if I can't afford to go to the store I have something I can make that is healthy.

Mine includes frozen already sliced bell peppers, sometimes frozen broccoli, and I have some frozen chicken that is already cut into small bites that works well in a pinch too!

I basically pull it all out of the freezer and throw it in a pan with some soy sauce and cook up some brown rice. Not the proper way of making stir fry but it works well for fast, easy, and cheap!
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    Meat, broccoli, carrots, baby corn, water chestnuts, bell peppers, reduced sodium soy sauce, stir fry sauce, a pinch of worcheshire sauce, splash in some ground pepper & garclic and serve over rice. YUM!!!
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    Meat, broccoli, carrots, baby corn, water chestnuts, bell peppers, reduced sodium soy sauce, stir fry sauce, a pinch of worcheshire sauce, splash in some ground pepper & garclic and serve over rice. YUM!!!
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options
    I made chicken stir fry last night. I used sliced carrots, red onion, red and yellow bell peppers, mushrooms, snow peas and chicken of course ;) Cook your veggies in your wok or big fry pan using a bit of olive oil ( or sesame oil), when they are crisp tender remove fom pan and add chicken to the pan. You may need to add a bit more olive oil or some broth so it wont stick, when chicken is cooked add veggies back to pan and add your sauce. i just made a sauce with equal parts low sodium soy sauce and orange juice, minced ginger, minced garlic and enough corn starch to thicken it. Let it simmer a few minutes until the sauce thickens. I served mine over Farkay Wun Tun noodles. You can add some red pepper flakes if you want a little spice. You can sub broth for the orange juice or just leave it out
  • taranj21
    taranj21 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    we made this the other night with our left over grilled chicken and grilled pork chops from previous nights dinners.
    chopped up chicken, pork, and dethawed frozen cooked shrimp.
    sauteed onions, cut up carrots and threw in peas with the meat, added 1 can low sodium no fat chicken broth,
    added low sodium soy sauce, delicious!!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I actually made stir fry again last night. I added Miracle Noodles into the stir fry instead of using rice. Not only didn't my husband realize they weren't "regular" glass noodles, a serving was about 150 calories and filling.
  • mommaG_Grandmatobe
    Options
    NOW I'm hungry...THANKS
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    bumping, will try to make this tonight so it can be lunch for the next couple of days
  • thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Options
    Thanks for the recipes! I alway hate dinner time and this is a great dinner idea!