Young and chunky

I'm an 18 year old girl who has always struggled with my weight. I'm 5'10 and I've always weighted more than my friends. 4 years ago I went from 267lbs to 180lbs in 5 months on a low carb diet. I currently weight 200 lbs and I'd like to lose about 25lbs. I've used my fitness pal before but I'd like to meet people in a similar situation to keep me motivated!

Replies

• blisser99
    blisser99 Posts: 122 Member
    You can add me if you would like. I joined MFP a few years back and lost 50 pounds only to gain 30 back. I am looking to lose 30-50 pounds. I am not doing low carb, but maybe we can be motivation buddies. B)
  • JQuinnLife
    JQuinnLife Posts: 102 Member
    Hey add me if you'd like inspiration and motivation to stick to a Ketogenic diet!

#carbsaretheenemy
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Or add me (even though Nage3000 will make fun of me and call me fat because that's what he does) if you want to stick to eating what you enjoy and still lose weight because #carbsarenottheenemy #overeatingistheenemy
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Feel free to add :smile: , I was always heavier than my friends and it was hard for me to deal with although I pretended it didn't bother me. I went from 181 to 150 and yo-yoed a bit, and then I was able to get to 132. I went back up to 140 due to a LOT going on for the past 6 months (although this is still within a healthy BMI for me), but I want to finally reach my UGW of 125.
  • JQuinnLife
    JQuinnLife Posts: 102 Member
    clobern80 wrote: »
    Or add me (even though Nage3000 will make fun of me and call me fat because that's what he does)

I mean you're kind of right @clobern80

Carbs are super delicious
  • Clobern80
    Nage3000 wrote: »
    clobern80 wrote: »
    Or add me (even though Nage3000 will make fun of me and call me fat because that's what he does)

I mean you're kind of right @clobern80

Carbs are super delicious

Yeah, totally can't gain weight eating at a surplus if it's protein and/or fat. Only carbs cause fat. It's amazing how many people lose weight eating carbs. But you are a snowflake for sure.
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,055 Member
    You two should hug and make up.
  • Clobern80
    Anyway OP. I apologize for hijacking your thread. As you can tell, there is more than one way to lose weight. It all depends on preference. But the proven science shows calories in vs calories out works. How not get there is your choice. Wish you the best of luck.
  • xXxWhitneyxXx
    xXxWhitneyxXx Posts: 119 Member
    Feel free to add me peeps. I too and young(ish, 27) and chunky.