So confused :/

I've no idea as to what to set my activity level at.
Is it best to just have sedentary?
I'm a stay at home mother of a 3 year old and 4 month old.
Some days are spent at home where I potter about others I'll be walking lots.
I'm unable to do any vigorous exercise due to a herniated disc I'm worried about irritating and also had a c section and last week I attempted a workout dvd but made my belly feel odd and freaked me out lol.
So yeah I've waffled on. I don't get out much haha.
Any help the activity level business would be great.
Thank you in advance :)

Replies

• Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    No stay at home mom is sedentary! lol

Try setting it to lightly active and monitor your loss over a few weeks. If it's too fast, reset it to moderately active and enjoy the extra calories. (Losing weight too fast means you're likely losing lean muscle and not only fat - not good!)

Also, MFP is designed for you to eat back any intentional exercise calories burned, like what you do with walking or DVDs, so make sure you log that as a cardio exercise. Just keep in mind that those numbers can be inflated, so the general consensus on here is to eat back around half of them.
  • missalder1988
    missalder1988 Posts: 6 Member
    No stay at home mom is sedentary! lol

Try setting it to lightly active and monitor your loss over a few weeks. If it's too fast, reset it to moderately active and enjoy the extra calories. (Losing weight too fast means you're likely losing lean muscle and not only fat - not good!)

Also, MFP is designed for you to eat back any intentional exercise calories burned, like what you do with walking or DVDs, so make sure you log that as a cardio exercise. Just keep in mind that those numbers can be inflated, so the general consensus on here is to eat back around half of them.

Thank you for your reply. I've a step counter built into my phone and I just use the calories burnt from that and enter it, as like you said MFP says it's quite a bit more burnt, would rather put a lower burn to be certain. :)