How often do you weigh yourself? How often do you track it on MFP?

Options
13»

Replies

• debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning just to be in tune with my body. I never log my weight. I used to but stopped and reset my weight so it will say I have lost zero pounds forever (well, until I hit my ultimate goal, then it will show I dropped a crap ton of weight). I started monitoring my measurements instead which matter much more to me. I wish there were a way that my measurement changes would post to my feed instead of my weight!
  • TheChrissyT
    TheChrissyT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning just to be in tune with my body. I never log my weight. I used to but stopped and reset my weight so it will say I have lost zero pounds forever (well, until I hit my ultimate goal, then it will show I dropped a crap ton of weight). I started monitoring my measurements instead which matter much more to me. I wish there were a way that my measurement changes would post to my feed instead of my weight!

I feel that way to a degree as well. I stayed the same weight for 3 months but I lost 2 inches on my waist and an inch and a half on my hips, so I felt like it was okay.... but the reality is that I'm 241lbs, and no matter what that isn't a good weight to be at for my joints etc, so I really DO need to lose weight. I wasn't tracking though, I was just trying to mkae healthy choices. In 3 weeks of tracking (if the scale is to be believed this morning) I've lost around 8lbs.
  • rebeccaj822
    rebeccaj822 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week at the scale at my gym which is kept calibrated. I think this rolling average thing sounds great but I am not that disappointed or worried if the scale is the same or goes up even after a good week. I am more focused on the total number of days I stay on my program and log everything. That's my best metric of success, most highly correlated with health and fitness for me.
  • cassieknights951
    cassieknights951 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning and track every day too
    Helps me keep on track, small loss keeps me motivated and an increase give me the kick up the bum I need
  • HostageCat
    HostageCat Posts: 469 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have been weight myself every morning but mt fitness instructor told me to lose the scale and stop thinking about losing weight and start gaining muscle, I think she's right so probably going to weight once a month now
  • KittyHeaven74
    KittyHeaven74 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Someone above recommended the Happy Scale app. Just wanted to say thank you! I've downloaded it on my phone and I like it - looking forward to seeing all the progress!
  • missyfitz1
    missyfitz1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Like many others, I weigh myself daily and track it once a week. I know it can fluctuate and don't freak out if it's off, but I like to see the trends. If I don't lose what I'm expecting in a week, it helps me to know that my weight was lower early in the week, and it will correct itself. I don't obsess about it, and I think tracking once a week is enough, but I like to have more information than that. I also feel like it makes me more accountable - if I have a high-calorie day, it helps me to see my weight go up a bit the next day.
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I do the daily morning-after-bathroom-naked routine and write it down on a tracker taped to the back of the door. No one sees it but me. As far as weight loss, the daily changes are meaningless but I have been cutting down on diet Dr. Pepper, so when I drink more the day before I am noticing a smaller loss or even gain probably from the increased Sodium intake.

I log it into MFP when I accumulate a 2-3 lb loss.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing every Saturday morning after I pee with no clothes on and before I begin eating/drinking anything and I log it.

• Negative_X
    Negative_X Posts: 296 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Maybe once every few months. The # doesn't really matter tho... it's all about what I see in the mirror.
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    I try to weigh daily. I only put new all-time low weights into MFP. I don't like the tdee communication between MFP and fitbit disturbed just from fluctuations, and I don't like that my goals don't square up correctly unless I manually change my goals to coincide with the noise of the scale. So, all-time lows makes everything else easier for me.

I use a trending app to input my daily weight.

^This. I do above as well.