why do I have so many issues logging recipes?

Options
I can't seem to find any threads about this which amazes me because since joining the site a few days ago I've been having endless problems getting my recipes to log. sometimes it works fine other times it just won't do it. I've opened up the recipe builder in a different tab, entered the exact same ingredients as in the original tab, and hit log and it's worked fine which makes no sense at all. sometimes it won't log it until I've gone in and replaced every single item on the list whether the one that came up in the first place worked for me or not. just now I had the worst experience yet. I was putting together a recipe and it wouldn't log. sometimes when I'd hit search it would come up with a list of possibilities then as I was selecting one the list would just disappear and it would say nothing found. I'd keep hitting search and maybe every 5 or 7 times I hit it, it would bring up the list, every other time it would supposedly not find any matches. I ended up having to remove everything but one ingredient, save it with just the one ingredient, then go to my recipe box and edit the recipe, saving after every new ingredient or else it wouldn't save. it still won't save with garlic salt in the recipe but if I remove the garlic salt then it saves.

seriously. what. the. eff.

Replies

• truelight_photo_craig
    Options
    Sorry I can't help as I don't use the MFP recipe builder. I use a program called Master Cook to build my recipes. It has a feature that will give nutritional breakdowns, so I just plug the numbers into MFP using the add food to the database option.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    This has been an ongoing issue. It seems there's a different glitch each day. I have started having to build them on other sites before logging on here. :/
  • Shusaka
    Shusaka Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yep, ongoing and I hate it. Once upon a time it worked fine...been glitchy for too long now, very VERY unhappy with it. I don't know if the paid version is any different...