NSV Surprise

Options
I went to get dressed for work this morning to discover holes in the jeans that I was planning to wear. I'm standing in front of my closet staring at my clothes when my husband asked me what I was doing. I told him I was looking for jeans because my others had holes in them. He points to a pair hanging there and says "what about those." I tell him I can't wear them because I don't think they will fit as they are 2 sizes smaller than what I normally wear. He tells me I should try them on anyway. Mind you I have been very frustrated because I have not seen any progress on the scale or in my inches and I'm thinking to myself this will never work. He sits on the bed and watches me pull them on. I'm wishing he would go away because I don't want him to see me struggle to get them over my butt and then cry trying to get them to button. Then the surprise came. I got the jeans over my hips fairly easily. I thought okay so they fit my butt. I'll never be able to button them. Imagine my surprise when not only did I manage to button them but when I looked in the mirror they looked better than old jeans! I have no idea where the weight or inches moved to or from but it's nice to know that something good is happening! :bigsmile:

Replies

• stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    That is so wonderful! Big Congrats and just keep it up, that scale will move too!
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    That so great! :) Amazing what being a little brave can show us
  • daisymaegreen
    daisymaegreen Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! what a wonderful surprise
  • BethTucker
    BethTucker Posts: 21
    Options
    The inches didn't move you got rid of them! Congratulations!
  • TescherTK
    TescherTK Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That is the most awesome thing I have heard all week! Great Job! I can't wait until I can fit into my "skinny" jeans, they're a pair I've been saving since High School.

Keep up the good work!
  • Cadenpet
    Cadenpet Posts: 79
    Options
    Congratulations! That is so great!
  • fouchou09
    fouchou09 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling! That's a great way to start a day!
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    thats awesome......its great to see results isnt it?
  • stillababe2011
    Options
    What a great feeling! I've done the same in the past. I was in a dressing room, trying on jeans and had to keep asking my sister for the next size down. I literally jumped for joy when I comfortably slipped into a size 8! (I'm usually a size 14, which is where I am at now). I will never forget that day.....it felt so good! That's awesome! And what an encouraging husband. He knew you could do it when you likely felt you couldn't.
  • crazyears
    crazyears Posts: 50
    Options
    YAY for you, what a wonderful suprise!
  • outwiththeoldinwiththenew
    Options
    Awesome! I can't wait till that happens to me. Thanks for sharing, it helps to know that the number on the scale doesn't always mean something. Great Job!
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! what a great feeling, congrats and don't give up!!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    THAT IS A GREAT WAY TO BEGIN YOUR DAY!!!! All your hard work has obviously paid off!!!! GREAT JOB!
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Nice! Are they older jeans? I've noticed that women's sizing is just crazy I used to wear a snug 16 when I was 255 lbs in the early 2000's. Now, I'm STILL a snug 16 and I'm over 45lbs lighter!
  • divadoll41
    divadoll41 Posts: 188
    Options
    woot....woot...look at u now gurl!! Keep up the great work!!!
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    Jeeze that sounds like me! But my old jeans dont fit yet lol My fiance always drags out my old stuff and says try them on you never know... ummm yes i do know lol dont wear old jeans go buy new ones! its your reward!
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    Thats crazy! When I was 220 i was wearing a 20 i havent been in a 12/18 since like 180 lol Good job on the loss though!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • AutumnisBSB
    AutumnisBSB Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    It is always nice when we are able to put on something we never dreamed would work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!