MFP Lacks Common Gym Equipment

Options
I don't see treadmill, cross fit or other very common machines in MFP. How do I add them so they calculate cals burned, etc?

Replies

• jrob2and2
    jrob2and2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know as well. I'd thought by now there would be a variety of strength training to choose from, but for now I just find myself adding it in the notes:(
  • dorkyfaery
    dorkyfaery Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    What are you doing on the treadmill? Walking? If so, search for walking, or running if that's what you are doing. Try searching for the type of activity rather than the equipment you are using to perform it. Can't speak for crossfit, I've never done it so I am not sure what type of exercise it would be considered.
  • Bluwaves1
    Bluwaves1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    There is a place to add exercises. You can research it online and add it.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Walking
    Running
    Strength training

All are in the cardiovascular database.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Walking
    Running
    Strength training

All are in the cardiovascular database.

And to add, circuit training for CrossFit.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Crossfit as the name of a machine? Or as an activity? If the latter, of course there's no entry, as it's going to depend on what the workout is, how hard you are working, etc. I tend to log it as half "circuit training" and half "strength training," but that varies depending on the workout.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Treadmill isn't an exercise. Neither is cross Trainer, which is the machine I think you're referring to when you say crossfit
  • mgodfrey0202
    mgodfrey0202 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I use MapMyFitness app to log all my activities. It provides more options (not everything, but a reasonable variety).
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    Treadmill isn't an exercise. Neither is cross Trainer, which is the machine I think you're referring to when you say crossfit

Ahhhhhhh. I bet you are right.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

Ahhhhhhh. I bet you are right.

Oh. That makes sense.

I just Googled "cross trainer." They are ellipticals, right?
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    DeadsAndDoritos Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Cross trainer is in the database as elliptical trainer.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Try Record Guys... Also by Underarmor, syncs with MFP. MFP is more about keeping track of calories than anything else, Record is more about tracking fitness. It is designed to be used with a fitness tracker, but I use it to enter my exercises manually too. If you have a fitness tracker, you will probably love it.
  • StevenDPorter
    StevenDPorter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, makes sense that it's the actual activity as opposed to the machine. As for the crossfit machine it's more like a recumbent bike with the eliptical ski pole type arm things. It has pedals, not the eliptical steps.