Saving cals for weekend drink

Hi everyone do any of you save any cals for some alcohol at the weekend?

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Depends on how much. if it's a couple drinks, I don't see the harm. Go for it.
  • jpcebu
    jpcebu Posts: 18 Member
    I budget in a few (Light) beers everyday and still lose weight. My opinion is calories are calories but that's just me.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    You can shave off calories during the week so you have have more of whatever on the weekend. Many folks use a weekly calorie goal for just this reason and it works just fine.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Not for drinking but for eating... Yup..
  • redfoxmike0822
    redfoxmike0822 Posts: 11 Member
    Hell yeah. Then again, I loathe beer (which is a lot more caloric than say vodka). Switching to liquor can also save calories that way if you're worried about being fit, but also trying to turn up at the same time :P
  • polypocket500
    polypocket500 Posts: 4 Member
    I don't like beer( vodka diet Pepsi ) need a few on a weekend after aweek with my kids ha! But will still try and burn sum off walking my hangover off probably xx
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    Here is the entry that I use: Carry Over - Unused Calories From Past Week -200.
    Did you know you can put a negative number in your log?
    I can drink a beer and stop. Rum, I can easily drink 4 ounces in a bit of diet coke.
  • imabeastbrah
    imabeastbrah Posts: 2 Member
    Intermittent fasting baby! save all the calories u want.. You could just fast for 24 hours.. then drink a 12 pack!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Food and drink, yep. Think about it...a lot of people have maintained their weight for years without ever calorie counting. I highly doubt they eat the same exact amount of calories per day. Part of maintenance is understanding how to make it work for your lifestyle.
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    While a drink or two isn't going to hurt your long-term plans, remember that packing as much nutrition into your calories is what makes you healthy. If your goal is to just lose weight - drink whatever fits in your calories. If your goal is to be healthy - pack those nutrients into your food and enjoy one or two drinks on the weekend at most.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    I just give myself a splurge day once in a while, log it, and then add a bit of extra exercise where I can. I find if I get in a 'banking' mindset, I end up on a fast/binge track, which is bad.
  • Panda_brat
    Panda_brat Posts: 291 Member
    I have been doing that for the last 2 years ( except for the 2 months i was on wellbutrin to stop smoking, drinking could have caused seizes) and I lost 160 lbs.
  • KBmoments
    KBmoments Posts: 193 Member
    I can drink a beer and stop. Rum, I can easily drink 4 ounces in a bit of diet coke.

oh nice! I usually add left over calories as Exercise titled "Banked". But interesting to know you can do it this way , too!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Do it all the time!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member

How does that work?

I'm hopeless with double negatives.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Pretty much every weekend lol.

• Yisrael1981
    Yisrael1981 Posts: 132 Member
    All the time but for cake
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Of course!, I work by butt off hard and double all week just to have my fun on the weekend, Love my drink!
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm more active on weekends as a rule so it seems to balance if I want a few drinks or a treat that wouldn't normally fit the plan. Unless I get nutty like I did over the holidays and don't get back on track the next day or get in the exercise-I'm paying for that now. FWIW, I can fit in a glass of wine with dinner OR a small dessert just about any night; if I want both, it takes preplanning & probably a salad for lunch.
  • markscho
    markscho Posts: 4 Member
    Alcohol has NO nutritional value - so you shouldn't cut back on food for drinking. You have to eat the correct amount of macro-nutrients. It's much better to do a bit more exercise and earn yourself that week-end treat...