Low Carb Shopping List

Options
Ideas for a Low Carb Shopping List.... Gonna be hitting up the market this weekend to restock for a fresh start on Monday....

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    whole wheat stuff, grains, veggies, meat, milk...
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Breakstone's 30% less sodium 2% cottage cheese only has 6 grams of carbs :) ...... I am eating it right now! LOL
  • destiny637
    destiny637 Posts: 79
    Options
    Low fat string cheese
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Chicken Breast
    Lean Beef
    Tuna
    Fish
    Seafood
    Broccoli
    Cauliflower
    Green beans
    Peanuts
    Almonds
    Plenty of spices ( besure to read the label to see if they add sugar)
    Celery
    Carrots (Have some carbs, but limit the portions)
    Onions
    Tomatoes
    Cucumbers
    Fetta Cheese
    Greek Vinaigrette
    Eggs Lots and Lots of eggs

Great salad
    Diced Tomatoes
    Diced Cucumbers
    Diced Sweet Onion
    Fetta Cheese
    Greek Vinaigrette
  • texasrebel83
    texasrebel83 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Almonds, eggs, meat, veggies, fruit (strawberries are low), string cheese
  • 5weeks
    5weeks Posts: 38
    Options
    flax seeds, you'll need the fiber :)
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    meats and poultry, natural cheeses, any non-starchy vegetables (no peas or potatoes), eggs, berries (these are the lowest in sugar), seed, nuts (macadamia - yum!), unsweetened coconut, avocados - these are almost all fiber - and other healthy fats and oils. Coconut or almond milk - unsweetened of course.
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Not sure if they're available where you live but I usually shop at Kroger and get low carb whole wheat tortillas that are excellent and they make a great alternative for bread, wraps, pizza crust, whatever... the brand is Ole Extreme Wellness, low carb, high fiber. Good luck!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Not sure if they're available where you live but I usually shop at Kroger and get low carb whole wheat tortillas that are excellent and they make a great alternative for bread, wraps, pizza crust, whatever... the brand is Ole Extreme Wellness, low carb, high fiber. Good luck!

I am going to check these out.
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Lower sodium jerky, 2% milk cheese, Jimmy Dean turkey sausage crumbles, EGGS!, egg beaters southwestern, pork loin, avacado(low carb,high fiber), raspberries, Romaine lettuce (for wraps), turkey pepperoni ( for yummy pepperoni chips!), raw almonds, pork rinds( as a crunchy change)

Must Have: Blue diamond unsweetened Vanilla almond milk!!!
  • where_next
    where_next Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    meats and poultry, natural cheeses, any non-starchy vegetables (no peas or potatoes), eggs, berries (these are the lowest in sugar), seed, nuts (macadamia - yum!), unsweetened coconut, avocados - these are almost all fiber - and other healthy fats and oils. Coconut or almond milk - unsweetened of course.
    This!
    Plus GOOD first cold pressing extra virgin olive oil (I like California Olive Oil Company) for making easy dressings for salad.
    Extra virgin coconut oil is wonderful, too.
  • sbarrett7171
    sbarrett7171 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Mission makes a low carb tortilla that works well for wraps, tacos and fajitas and the taste is about the same as a regular flour tortilla.

Joseph's flat bread has a low net carb count.
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options

Don't buy whole wheat stuff. It has lots of carbs. Still with whole, clean foods: Chicken, beef, fish, non-starchy veggies (as suggested above). Read labels!

Also if you eat dairy, make sure it's full-fat, not low-fat. You need the fat if you're eating low carb.

Olive-oil, coconut oils, butter.
  • janeosu
    janeosu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    things on my shopping list every week :
    eggwhites, turkey bacon, cottage cheese, chicken breasts, turkey burgers, salmon, LF shredded cheddar feta cheese, TONS of fresh veggies and fruits, olive oil, almonds. I eat mainly whole foods, but I do drink protein shakes and a protein bar every single day. I have used EAS Advantedge carb control shakes for years now (chocolate are the best) and love them - great for right after my workout). I love them and they help me get all of my calories in too :) I stick to getting my carbs mainly from fruit and my protein bar has some too.
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    chicken
    fish/tuna
    variety of beans (black, great northern, chickpea)
    variety of fruit
    variety of veggies (romaine and spinach)
    garlic & onion for cooking & cilantro
    yogurts, string cheese, sour cream, eggs, feta
    english toasting bread, flat outs or pita
    peanut butter
    high fiber cereal
    low sodium pasta sauce, whole wheat pasta noodles
    nut mix or almonds
  • golden1215
    golden1215 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

ummm no, only the meat part of that and some veggies are actually low carb, and even meat can be tricky if it's lunch meat or cured hams