After Xmas Cravings

Options
Hi!
I'm struggling with getting back into a healthy eating routine. It's my annual craving carbs & wanting comfort foods. Any hint on how to get back on track & not give into eating too many calories?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    All things in moderation for me. I figure out what I really want and then eat that & log it. It's accounted for.

This makes me prioritize. There is nothing wrong with comfort foods, or carbs. We just have to figure out where the limits are, or how to make our favorites less calorie dense when we can.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Cook comfort foods yourself and use lower calorie recipes that you can find online. With a lot of dishes, you can cut the calories by 30-50% with some tweaking. You get the same hearty feel and familiar taste but now you can fit it in your calorie goals for the day!

And the thing about carbs is... Eat as much as you want of them. If you don't have a medical issue concerning carbs, and they fit your calories, eat them!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Christmas was weeks ago. Get back on track. Enjoy your favorite foods in moderation.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Comfort foods are necessary. Check out Skinnytaste.com for a healthier version. Good Luck.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    Comfort foods are necessary. Check out Skinnytaste.com for a healthier version. Good Luck.

^SkinnyTaste is great
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    kbmnurse wrote: »

This!

When I crave a dish, I make it.. I really wanted some Bolognese pasta yesterday, so I just made my own version for less than 600 calories and it was delicious (and it was a pretty big amount, obviously, and without cheese it would have been 500 calories). I compared it to restaurants... 500 calories vs 1000+. And just as satisfying.
  • msbks
    msbks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!