50+ Empty Nester Needs Friends

Options
Hi all.
I am 53 with grown kids out of the house. I am menopausal and I have gained 50 pounds in the last 5 years. I was divorced after 25 years and am now in a wonderful stable relationship, however I overdid it and ate and drank myself to 185 pounds! My new husband and I had a lot of fun, but I'm sick of being heavy and want to feel heathy and strong again.
I am a great starter with horrible follow through. Trying to do things different this time so instead of being a lurker I thought I would reach out to the community and make the effort to connect with others going through this journey too.
Please feel free to add me.
I am going to Europe in May and would really like to be able to feel comfortable. Shooting for 20 Lbs by then.
Let do this!
Happy Monday!

Replies

• sthoma13
    sthoma13 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! Just take it one day at a time! Feel free to add me!
  • LaurenAnnVDR
    LaurenAnnVDR Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have about 50lbs to lose for my wedding in September. I have 2 kids and a giant, dutch fiance so there is temptation all over the house! I'm trying to break it down into to smaller, more manageable looking goals. I'm on track for my first goal which is Valentines weekend, I have another 8lbs to go for that one :)

Good luck with everything x
  • divajoni
    divajoni Posts: 52 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    hi there... we are similar age, situation, and goals. I have been on MFP since NOV 2012 and lost 35 pounds, but have put 10 back on... and haven't really shifted any weight in over a year, but i haven't been consistent with my logging either. Thankfully I have a nice set of friends that have stuck with me... feel free to add me :smiley:

You have inspired me... I will start back logging consistently today!

--Joni
  • happy4252010
    happy4252010 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi to you....I too am in my 50's..looking to lose about 28-30 pounds. I recently found that I like dinner wine far too much and it has increased my "girlish figure".
    Any help I can give you I will be glad to give it a try.
  • terio818
    terio818 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ah yes! The dinner wine every night was not helping. I feel a lot better since I have that up. Now I just waiting for the pounds to melt off of me like they have my husband! LOL. He just reported a 10lb weight loss from no beer for a few weeks. Not fair but oh well.
    I will add you and we can do this together :)

• terio818
    Options
    Joni
    At least it's only 10! I have gained 10 pounds a year for 4 years now. Time to stop this train wreck! Thanks for adding me.
    Teri
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! 46 yr old empty nester here, experienced much of what you have. Feel free to add me, I'd love to help support and motivate you! xo
  • terio818
    Options
    Thanks Tracy! I appreciate the support.
  • richgirl81
    richgirl81 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone feel free to add me too!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,989 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm a 47 year old empty nester. I started in September with a goal of 60 pounds and so far I am down 23. In some ways it is easier not having the kids at home and not having to worry about feeding them.