Excellent nutrition/weight loss podcast by Alan Aragon (not spam)

Options
AnvilHead
AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
edited January 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
For those who enjoy podcasts, this is an excellent no-nonsense interview with Alan Aragon: halfsizeme.com/204-2/

For those not familiar with him, Alan is a personal trainer and nutrition/training researcher who also lectures on both subjects. He has an evidence-based approach toward nutrition and weight loss, and in this podcast he addresses effective weight loss techniques while also discussing fads and diet industry woo, why they're not effective, and tips about how to identify scams. Great listen with a lot of good, solid information offered. If you want to skip to the meat and potatoes of it (so to speak), it starts at around the 11:00 mark.

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • AnvilHead
    Options
    You're welcome. Great interview, just thought I'd share it.

Funny how threads like this drop to page 5 in less than a day, but if I titled it "New Magic Detox, Lose 50 lbs. in 2 weeks", it would stay on page 1 for a month! :D
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link, I look forward to listening later when the hockey game isn't on :P
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I listened to that one last week. Great interview! Good podcast in general, but that episode was one of my favorites.
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    You're welcome. Great interview, just thought I'd share it.

Funny how threads like this drop to page 5 in less than a day, but if I titled it "New Magic Detox, Lose 50 lbs. in 2 weeks", it would stay on page 1 for a month! :D

Ha! Too true
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    I thought the "I don't poop everyday" thread would never go away.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    I post things by Alan a lot....seems he is ignored here for the most part.
  • AnvilHead
    Options
    Wetcoaster wrote: »
    I post things by Alan a lot....seems he is ignored here for the most part.

Yeah, not enough woo. Evidence-based information is often frowned upon in this establishment. :D People just want to know the "secret" to losing 50 lbs. before next Monday without exercising or cutting calories.
  • chastity0921
    chastity0921 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I love "Half Size Me" podcasts. :smiley:
  • Wetcoaster
    Options
    I still chuckle at the person with 500 posts that said he was afraid to post here.
  • GRILLZGIRL
    GRILLZGIRL Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Ooh thanks. I'm going to try to listen to it on the train ride to work tomorrow. I won't have internet service but I think I downloaded it (technology impaired).
  • AnvilHead
    Options
    I still chuckle at the person with 500 posts that said he was afraid to post here.

I got a laugh out of that one too. It would be like having a nuclear physicist teaching kindergarten. :lol:
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

I got a laugh out of that one too. It would be like having a nuclear physicist teaching kindergarten. :lol:

How awesome would it be if he came on here and once a week opened an "ask Alan" thread that he would watch and answer throughout that day.
  • Wetcoaster
    Options
    i think he get enough woo posting at bodybuilding forum.
  • AnvilHead
    Options
    i think he get enough woo posting at bodybuilding forum.

But that's where he (and others) coined the acronym 'IIFYM' - so at least something good came out of it. :)