I'm New, Hello :)

I just downloaded the My Fitness Pal app, mostly to look for motivation and friends. I'm not a very social person, but encouragement and motivation would be great. I'm 23, 5'5 and 155-160 pounds. I've always been a little on the 'chubby' side, and would like to reach 135 pounds. I was diagnosed in 2012 with Alports and FSGS, having to watch my sodium intake is tough. Please don't bash or negative comments, but I've never had a job due to many personal reasons, so the only income is my mother as I sort my life together. My mom has breast cancer and is need taken care of after her treatments. I'm always craving sweets and would like to control that.. I've always drank water since my diagnosis, otherwise soda hurts my kidneys or tends to give me infections. I have Just Dance on my playstation 4, and am hoping that is decent enough exercise to slim and tone up. I'll also add in strength training and Tiffany Rothe workouts. Any advice is appreciated :)

Replies

• sistermarcy
    sistermarcy Posts: 1 Member
    Hang in there, h_sullivan! One step at a time! We can do this!
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Welcome! You may find it encouraging that I weighed 167.5 when I started here on May 22, and I've been at my goal weight (140 to 145 - I'm 5-6 and 63 years old) since early November.

I'm using my laptop now, but often use the phone app to log my food when I'm out of the house. Keeping tabs on what I eat has been a big part of my weight loss, and the app makes it easier.

If you have an iPhone 5s or later, you have a pedometer. If you don't, there are bunches of pedometer apps to help keep tabs on your exercise.

You're dealing with all sorts of difficulties in your life. Congratulations on working on weight in the midst of it all. You're doing a fine thing for yourself.