My recent sorrow

Options
I sabotage my own weight loss and turned it into a game by putting globs of peanut butter in my morning shakes and in my evening she not knowing what was going to be the end result so now I'm almost at my start with 10 pounds and have to start all over

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Bummer.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. Stop doing that!
  • paulandrachelk
    paulandrachelk Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Sabotage-you didn't know you were doing this?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP @yolayhorton7

Think positive.
    That was a learning experience. Now for the real thing.
    Put your stats into MFP and aim for .5 lbs weight loss a week. MFP does not include exercise in your goal, just your deficit.

Log your exercise on MFP and eat back 50-75% of those calories (mfp tends to over calculate calorie burns) as well as your goal calories.

Cheers, h.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Well I would stop putting globs of peanut butter in and weigh your portion of peanut butter instead
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    What?
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. I think the devil invented it, lol. Just put it away for a few months. Then bring it out as a reward. I personally have not had peanut butter in 77 days... it is a definite trigger food for me. At least here in Europe the peanut butter is not as rich as in north america so when I do bring it back into my diet it should be manageable.
    Day by day. Step by step. If I can do without PB, anyone can.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Buy a food scale and use it to weigh everything. When you weigh what you are going to eat, it makes a difference
  • CactusFlower527
    CactusFlower527 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Use PB Fit or similar.... powdered peanut butter, real thing but has a lot of fat stripped out of it, fewer calories, same great taste... great for smoothies and shakes
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Let the journey begin!
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    OP - be a rare bird indeed that could say that they haven't "fallen off the wagon".....sorry for the cliche.

Do as suggested weigh that PB and account for it in your CI-CO equation.

Bigger issue is the concept that you feel the need to "sabotage" your weight loss, maybe you aren't ready as someone else has suggested or maybe you put in too high a deficit, or you have issues around food that could do with some outside professional advice. No matter what, a bit of soul searching might be in order so this doesn't become a repeated cycle of weight off-weight right back on.

Make sure what you are doing is sustainable for the rest of your life, make sure you eat foods you enjoy in moderation and don't lie to yourself anymore about portion sizes, use those scales....and be positive that this is what you really feel will improve your life too.....weight loss can be a bit of a chore at times but it should never be a painful experience.

All the best.
  • PamOliva
    PamOliva Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    If you can't eat just one serving don't buy it. That's my best advice. There are things that I simply cannot buy in bulk anymore or they will get "sacrificed" as my husband likes to say. You have a choice. The peanut butter has no power over YOU.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    or use pb2, some other powdered peanut butter, or just plain peanut flour. All the taste of peanut butter, all the protein, far fewer calories.
  • pmanney
    pmanney Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I generally eat 2 tbsp. of peanut butter daily, as I detest exercising and use the PB to get through the session. As a diabetic, I severely limit traditional sweets--chocolate, cookies, etc. PB gives me a touch of sweet and fat, so I can get my fix. I eat 1 teaspoon at a time to stretch it out.

However, I plan for it and try not to go over my calorie allocation in the same way that I avoid bouncing checks--when the money (calorie) is spent, it's spent.