This 30 days' worth of Data tells me what, now?

Options
CoachJen71
CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
edited January 2016 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
OK, I collected it as suggested, but have no idea how to use it to help me. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me!

I'm a 5'2.5" 44yo woman. Still not sure on goal weight. Maybe 135? (After 18 months of dieting down from 262lbs, I am still trying to wrap my head around the idea of picking a weight/range.)

TrendWeight trend: 12/5: 141.3lbs, 1/5: 138.8

FitBit Burn total: 68,594

MFP Goal: 62,873

Gross calorie intake: 64,144

MFP Net calorie intake: 41,685

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your awesome weight loss!! Woot woot!!

Regarding goal weight, that is a personal choice. Do you lift weights?
  • azdesertdawg
    azdesertdawg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, my wife is a 5' 2.5" 60yo woman and she likes to keep her weight between 115 and 120. She was 118 this morning. IMO 135 is a great goal for you!
  • CoachJen71
    Options
    Thank you!

I can't lift yet. I have really bad "hyperlordotic w/ forward head" posture I need to address first. Every time I add weights to my hands, I hurt my neck. (And I have a balance problem as well due to my hips being tipped.) So physical therapist says it's body weight and resistance bands only while I strengthen my core and upper spine area.

But hopefully I will be able to lift eventually. We have a weight set in the basement that my hubby and boys use. :)
  • CoachJen71
    Options
    Thanks, AZ. :) I was originally thinking 120, but my face is not looking good as I try to lose those last pounds. Lots of loose flabby skin just hanging there. So, 135 it is. :)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    CoachJen71 wrote: »
    Thank you!

I can't lift yet. I have really bad "hyperlordotic w/ forward head" posture I need to address first. Every time I add weights to my hands, I hurt my neck. (And I have a balance problem as well due to my hips being tipped.) So physical therapist says it's body weight and resistance bands only while I strengthen my core and upper spine area.

But hopefully I will be able to lift eventually. We have a weight set in the basement that my hubby and boys use. :)

I'm sorry to hear that. I can't lift either, different issues for me. Do what you can, is my motto!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    If you want an idea of what you can get from your data:

Gross intake + (weight lost × 3500)

Divide the total by number of days in the data set (30 in this case). This comes out an estimated daily burn of ~2430. Gives you an idea of where your eating goals will be in maintenance (probably close if you're staying in the 130s).

And super congrats on your work so far! Keep eating at an appropriate level to fuel yourself. You got this!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    We done @CoachJen71 that is a great accomplishment.

Try maintaining at 135 for a few months and see if you are comfortable there. You can always decide to drop a few extra pounds if you wish. Raise your cals slowly. It is easier mentally and physically.

I know what you are saying about the face. When I initially lost I looked gaunt. It took about a year for my face to settle in to its new shape and look healthy. It will never be the cute round thing it used to be though.

@williams969 thank you so much for doing the maths. I was sat pen in hand ready to tackle it :) and I am sooo bad at maths.

Cheers, h.
  • CoachJen71
    Options
    @queenliz: I am so sorry you can't lift either, but that is such a great motto to live by. :)

@williams: Thank you so much for the kudos, encouragement, and working that formula out for me. :) I am saving up another month of non-holiday data with my new ChargeHR to see if it is going to be close to my real numbers.

@middlehaitch: I don't hold out a huge hope for my skin bouncing back very much. I think the jowls and turkey neck are mine for life. But still better than being morbidly obese, right?
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Actually, just at a gross level, you are still losing weight at your current calories and activity levels. If you want to get to 135, stay with it for a few more weeks. When you want to maintain, add 250 calories/day and see if you stabilize.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You can make tons of progress with body weight and resistance bands. You also might be able to do TRX suspension training.
  • sabrinarsweet
    sabrinarsweet Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I lost 45 lbs on here I'm so happy
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    What lorrpb said. Resistance bands and body weight are all you really need. I had back surgery that means that I can't add any weight to my upper body- presses, etc, are a no-no. I had my physical therapist give me a great over-all resistance band training work-out that kept weight off my spine and still let me build muscle. I bet there's tons of great videos on Youtube for the same thing.

As to target weight- I'm 5'4" and have always been told that my healthy weight is 120, but I feel far more comfortable in myself at 130. (Still trying to figure out how I woke up one day at 180...)