Late 30's, 100+ pounds to lose

Options
So I just started this a week ago. My husband has lost 50-60 pounds using this app, and he inspired me to give calorie counting another go.

I've been overweight since I was around 8 or 9 years old and have been on several diets since middle school. Every time I lost 30-50 lbs and would gain it all back and then some.

I have two kids in preschool and I work part time.

I'm not following any particular plan, I just try to eat mostly whole foods and keep my carbs down due to insulin resistance. I've been doing yoga for a while, but not as consistently as I would like.

I'm 37 years old, 5'7" and 290lbs.

If you can relate to any of this and you're looking for buddies too, send me a friend request. I'm looking for people who might be on a similar track. Or if you started as I did and found success, I'd love to be your friend as well.

Replies

• deralyngale
    deralyngale Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello
  • TeenageMutantNinjaMike
    Options
    Gotta add you, about the same age, same goals, just one kiddo (kindergarten). I have found success by just taking little steps, and of course paying attention to what one should be doing instead of doing whatever feels right.
  • Love_April
    Love_April Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey my name is April! Im 19 227 and have almost a hindered pound goal as well! Maybe we could be be diet buddies :) add me if you'd like!
  • chelleR34
    chelleR34 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm 34 years old with a 5 year old and 7 month old from the uk. I am currently 292lbs and want to lose 138lbs I'm 5ft 6inches. similar story..
  • Rebel_Leader
    Rebel_Leader Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hey. Need diet mates too. Want to lose my beer belly and would like support. Feel free to add me.

I'm competitive and love pushing myself.
  • Suzanne_Pmonkey
    Suzanne_Pmonkey Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response! It's been years since I used this app and I like the social network aspect of it. It's great to read about the trials and success of others while getting feedback for my own.
  • JustBina38
    JustBina38 Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Right there with you. Started dieting many many years ago when I stupidly thought I was fat, but now know I wasn't. Everytime I lost weight I gained double. Now 38, part time worker, full time mom of 5 & 6 yr old & husband. Desperately need to lose weight for self esteem and health, not to mention have more energy for the kids. 2wks in at MFP and down 6 lbs just by logging meals. Yeah! Now to get motivation for workouts is the real challenge. Good luck to you!
  • reboot1818
    reboot1818 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm down about 70 pounds, but have 100 to go. I'm 37, 5'6", and 248 ish. Would love too bee friends :smile:
  • NoteForJulie
    NoteForJulie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yes, this sounds like me. I am keen to lose quite a bit of weight myself as I was once very active. Currently in Australia, but will be UK based in about 2 months. Please feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • laniertraci79
    laniertraci79 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mom with 3 kids ages 3, 2, and 2 months. I'm 36, 5'9 and have 100 lbs to lose also. Nice to meet you!