Help -

Options
walkywish
walkywish Posts: 48 Member
edited January 2016 in Health and Weight Loss

Hi guys
Initially I lost 7lbs in 2 weeks.... Now my weight loss seems to have stalled. I am on 1200 calories a day. I go over rarely, and if I do, it's by maybe 50 calories. I workout (I either run or go for a long walk) at least 3 times a week. I'm 147lbs and 5ft 4. Do you guys sometimes have a week where you don't lose? Is this normal on 1200 calories?? I would expect regular weight loss on such a low calorie count. I do eat my exercise calories, but I believe that's ok? Thanks

Replies

• 19Remco80
    19Remco80 Posts: 51 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Someone told me not to eat my exercise calories. I just started for a week and I don't eat them. Maybe you can give it a shot for a week or so and look at the results?
  • walkywish
    Options
    Ok great. Will give that a try Thankyou :)
  • 19Remco80
    19Remco80 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I lost 2,2 kg, so maybe it works for you as well! Good luck and let me know!
  • walkywish
    Options
    Wow! Will do
  • MissT895
    MissT895 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat my exercise calories, unless I have done a very vigorous new workout and my body needs it.

Don't forget that weightloss isn't linear. Some weeks you may lose, gain or stay the same but as long as you are continually doing what you have been you will eventually see the weight come off.

I know it's hard but don't expect instant results I'm almost at 2 months and only starting to see small results.

Goodluck and don't let the scale bother you. Instead go by clothes fitting and measurements as well as scales it will give you a more of an idea of what is happening.

Give it 4-6 weeks and if you still aren't losing. Look into adding an extra day of exercise (if possible) weighting food etc. have a read through the forums their are so many amazing people willing to help and full of amazing advice who have no doubt been where u are at:)
  • walkywish
    Options
    Thankyou! Going to stop eating exercise calories I think...
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Eat the exercise cals if you feel you need them 1200 is a low amount and if you are burning a few hundred cals it brings your net cals down.

I tend to lose on a two week basis sometimes a pound or less then other times 2-3 as a whoosh.
    as another poster said weight loss isn't linear, it can be disheartening but keep at it.
    Lots of other things like your TOTM , water weight etc can affect weight loss

Also apps that trend your weight like happy scale are good to see the trends over time.
  • ShashayLee
    ShashayLee Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Water weight comes off first & gives you that wow i can do this feeling.
    Are you weighing all your food? that helps to to make sure portions & calories are correct. I started off eyeballing my portions & found i was way off. I have a food scale at home & work now
    I'd keep eating some of the exercise calories back. If you use a the MFP exercise then maybe eat half back.
    But hang in there the weight will eventually come off
  • walkywish
    Options
    Thanks Guys
  • qpmomma1
    qpmomma1 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I agree with eating back your calories if you need them. If I am hungry I will eat some back. I always under estimate my calories burned though. Good luck!
  • walkywish
    Options
    Thsnkyouuuuu
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    How accurate is your calorie counting? Are you using a food scale?

You could be totally off with your estimates and that could be what is throwing your progress off. On 1200 calories you really should eat at least half of your exercise calories (as they can be overestimated the 50% is the buffer zone) to fuel your body.
  • LHWhite903
    LHWhite903 Posts: 208 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Also apps that trend your weight like happy scale are good to see the trends over time.

Interesting. I just recently learned of TrendWeight and started using that. I looked up Happy Scale, but I don't use Apple things so it's not for me. Anyway, I can see these things as helpful in viewing data from scales and seeing how much you're actually losing.
  • walkywish
    Options
    Yes I have been weighing my food. Since this post I have lost more weight