Tracking calorie count of fiber supplement?

Options
Hey guys, quick question. So I take a multivitamin, calcium and fiber supplement every day. The vitamin & calcium are like 30 calories combined, but the fiber supplement(Metamucil Clear & Natural powder) is like 75 calories for 15 grams of fiber. I calorie cycle, so some days are high calorie days and other days are lower. It's obviously not a big deal on my high days, but on the lower days I fret a little about automatically counting 100 calories just for nutritional supplements. Since it's fiber, should I track this on my counter or not?

Replies

• daisymaegreen
    daisymaegreen Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i count calories that come from supplements/pills/etc. i didn't used to, but man, some of them can really add up.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I count my fiber bar calories.
  • cmduncan
    cmduncan Posts: 69
    Options
    There are multivitamin's that don't have a calorie impact - you might want to investigate what you're taking further. As for fiber, you should count the calories - but there are plenty with a lower impact than what you're taking. I use the Benefiber Strawberry Kiwi stick packs (only when I haven't taken in the right amount of fiber) and they're only 20 calories each.
  • stephaniekendrick
    stephaniekendrick Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    If you're counting 100 calories for vitamins/supplements and it makes you go over your calorie intake for the day, just exercise quick to burn off that 100 calories. If you look up ways online to burn 100 calories, you'll find lots of ideas. Vacuuming your house for 25 minutes or 15 minutes of walking at a brisk pace will burn those calories.

Here is a site I found quick that has good ideas, but also is quite humerous! http://www.nowloss.com/Weight_Loss_articles/100_calories.htm