hello new person here

Options
:) i have just signed up with this site and am really looking forward to hopefully losing this weight. Any help and advise would be really great thanks
karen

Replies

• happybunny89
    happybunny89 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen I just joined as well. I started my healthy kick about a week ago. I've cut pop out eating healthier, i bought 2 workout dvds, I wear a size 28 now and want to get to a size 18.
    Goodluck !

Heather
  • flyingfur74
    flyingfur74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good for you for signing up and taking the important step for a new and healthy you. Have patience and take it one day at a time. If you have a off day, don't beat yourself up. Tomorrow is a new one.
    Most important.. watch the calories. Get a food scale and weigh your food. In the beginning, it's tough and lots of work but you will start to know your portion sizes. Calories in vs calories out will lead you to weight loss. Good luck on your journey. It's a great supportive community here.
  • crochetkaz
    crochetkaz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen I just joined as well. I started my healthy kick about a week ago. I've cut pop out eating healthier, i bought 2 workout dvds, I wear a size 28 now and want to get to a size 18.
    Goodluck !

Heather

• crochetkaz
    Options
    Good luck to you to
  • RachelRoberts4
    RachelRoberts4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also new, I joined 2 weeks ago and so far I've lost 7lbs so must be doing something right. I want to lose 2 stone as I have my sons wedding this year, I love the support you get on here as I've done it before. Good luck xx
  • Jeandre29
    Jeandre29 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Also new here! Started eating healthy and exercising this year. Currently a uk 14 but want to get down to a uk 10. I just figure it has to be a lifestyle change and not a fad diet for long term results!

Good luck to everyone! It's so nice having the support on here
  • vvento
    vvento Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    crochetkaz wrote: »
    Goodluck !

Heather

I believe the biggest part of this is preparing the food and making sure you understand how to measure it. When the misses and I started, It was definitely a bit of a hassle to input a lot of recipes and start getting our foundation going. however, after about 2 weeks of this, the recipes only needed mild tweeking and it was much faster to work with. I believe that is the hardest part of using MFP, building up that foundation of what you generally eat. We have some great recipes for slow cooker, breakfast, lunches and snacks. so follow us if you'd like vvento88
  • crochetkaz
    Options
    Thank you x I'm going to enjoy having a good nose around