Lose It vs MFP

Options
Anyone try both? Which do you prefer and why? Just wondering about people's experiences and the biggest differences.

Replies

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I used LoseIt when I was in college and it was a good app. No complaints about it. I switched to MFP b/c my sister recommended it. I don't think it maters which one you use.
  • Dasha81
    Dasha81 Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm using Lose It currently and like the interface. I also like that most of the foods are validated. But the MFP database is much larger and I find myself jumping on here sometimes to find some foods.
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I began with loseit, liked it a lot. However one day I wasn't able to log for some reason. I tried a few times, then looked for a different app and found MFP. Haven't looked back :p
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I started using LoseIt and have kept with it for logging. I compared to MFP and found it was very similar. Since I had a lot of recipes and foods already in LoseIt I have stuck with it.

The MFP forums are much more lively and interesting though, which is why I hang out here.
  • Dasha81
    Dasha81 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    I started using LoseIt and have kept with it for logging. I compared to MFP and found it was very similar. Since I had a lot of recipes and foods already in LoseIt I have stuck with it.

The MFP forums are much more lively and interesting though, which is why I hang out here.

Ha! I do the same thing!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,029 Member
    Options
    I considered both LoseIt and MFP before signing on here. Looked at them both, asked questions, checked things out and discovered ...

LoseIt only has foods from USA. I sent an email asking if they had any plans to add food from the rest of the world and the answer was vague, indefinite, and non-committal. They were immediately scratched off my list. No point using a program if its database doesn't contain the foods I eat!
  • 123user456
    123user456 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Loseit doesn't allow you to adjust your activity level. When I first started before I had an activity tracker and was very much sedentary, loseit gave me 300 more calories per day than myfitnesspal.
  • haydiz70
    haydiz70 Posts: 56 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I've been using Loseit now for a couple weeks since it works so well with the Microsoft Band 2. MFP is supposed to be compatible but it's never worked for me. It took a while to get used to Loseit, since I had been using MFP for so long, but I like the data and feedback Loseit gIves me. Like others though, I've found MFP's forums more engaging, so I check back here daily. Plus, when I finally reach my goal in 4 pounds, I want to have the joy of entering that weight here, since I began here. It's been a long road!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I have lose it but never really used it. I just went into it out of curiosity and put my information in. It gives me more calories a day than mfp. 300 more right off the bat. With my exercise today, it gave me 2000. I get 1510 here, about 200 for exercise, and with my new jawbone, it gave me 2090 here today. I never really eat over the 1510 though. Wondering if I should eat closer to what they, both apps with the exercise, are telling me.

Why do some of you log their instead of here? Do,you get a big calorie difference?
  • battyfitch
    battyfitch Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I tried using LoseIt but honestly, it's such an ugly app that I hated using it. Everything was just so big and the ugly little food cartoons they add to everything. Just no.