30 day shred...day 1

Options
OH.MY.GOD

Ok...so I spent a leisurely 20 minutes or so watching the DVD last night while eating some toast thinking hell, yeah...I can do that. A piece of p***

It is now 6.22pm, about an hour after I have finished Day 1 of level 1 of the shred and I feel like I have been run over by one of those rollers they use to on roads to flatten wet tarmac.
Even my ear lobes are sore
I cannot physically walk
Can someone please tell me it gets 'easier'...or a bit easier...or lie through your teeth...Please...ANYONE?????

Replies

• amy29fan
    amy29fan Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am on day 7 workout. It does get better. I couldn't walk very good for 2-3 days. It gets worse, and then it is so much easier. You can do, don't give up! I have learned after a few days, to mute Jillian and turn on the radio for the workout.....
  • rjs3455
    rjs3455 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    give it three days!! It gets easier and you do see results!! You got this!!
  • tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    By day 4-5 I was doing everything she threw out at me,,not a high or fast as her mind you ,but I could do it,,it does get easier just gotta stick to it...
  • cianna11
    cianna11 Posts: 19
    Options
    I want to punch her smug face in.... and those two girlies who smiled all the way through. My husband looked worried at one point as he came in while I was lying sprawled on the floor unable to do the end cool down...with one of my hand weights across my neck!!
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    i couldn't walk the first few days either, took a day off because i just didn't have time. The next day i did it and was still shaky and what not after but going down my apt stairs didn't hurt nearly as much! today will be my 5th day of doing it, i walked 4 miles instead yesterday, i have faith it'll get easier!
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    It gets better. i dont say easier just better. I am working on level two but after i finish the 30 days i am going to go back and start at level 1 to master the harder moves.
  • Peridotite
    Peridotite Posts: 66
    Options
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHA....I know how you feel!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

I feel that way everytime I finish for the day, but yes, by the time you reach day 10 (or maybe day 8 or maybe day 15) you will be ready to move on to the next level...and then is starts all over again :tongue:

I am 4 days into level 2 and the last time I did it (I just took a day off) I was able to do the whole thing and not spend 15 minutes lying on the floor afterward :bigsmile:
  • acave9406
    acave9406 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    eek. I just bought the 30 day shred, I'm waiting for it to come in but i'm nervous now lol
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I want to punch her smug face in.... and those two girlies who smiled all the way through. My husband looked worried at one point as he came in while I was lying sprawled on the floor unable to do the end cool down...with one of my hand weights across my neck!!

Yea my boyfriend brought me water when i was doing it and kept looking over at me with this, "are you gonna die??" look on his face
  • jljc_2010
    jljc_2010 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    It gets better and YOU FEEL AMAZING when it does!
    Don't give up!!!!
  • krystico
    krystico Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm trying it for the first time - TONIGHT! I'll be keeping an eye on your responses - I'm curious what everyone says!
  • amyers35
    amyers35 Posts: 51
    Options
    give it three days!! It gets easier and you do see results!! You got this!!

shes right! i can not remember being as sore ever in my life after the first 2 days (i was an athlete all my life too! lol) and im on level 2 now this week(works up more of a sweat as level 1 too!) and now i am back to my regular cardio plus that. the first two days i could barely squat to pee it was so bad. i mean it was BAD so i definetly know what you mean and it HONESTLY gets alot better! Happy shredding :)
  • lijparsons
    lijparsons Posts: 258
    Options
    Day 3 seems to be my magic day. On each level I thought I'd die, then on Day 3, I suddenly realized I would live :laugh:

I am doing Ripped in 30 now, and am on Week 4. Each week the same thing happened.

Day 3. Seriously. Just stick it out. You can do it!
  • clugo2511
    clugo2511 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love this video, but does anyone know when it is time to change levels?? How long should I stay at level 1??
  • kgoulbourne
    Options
    I felt the same way... It gets better and easier once you get your strength up. It took me about 3 months to get to level 3 but I finally made it! You hard work will pay off! It took me so long, because I wanted to keep up with the chick that did the un-modified moves. I wanted to punch Jillian right in her mouth some days, but I used that as motivation to get it done.

Just know that every day you do it, you get stronger and closer to your goal.

Do level 1 again tomorrow, because your legs will be so sore until work those muscles again! I made the mistake of starting on a Friday and taking the weekend off. I was so sore, but after my Monday morning workout the soreness was gone. BTW Level 2 is better with way cooler workouts than Level 1 and Level 3 is fun. So stick with it! You'll feel like a bad a**!
  • cianna11
    Options
    eek. I just bought the 30 day shred, I'm waiting for it to come in but i'm nervous now lol

Be very afraid :bigsmile:
  • roses6
    roses6 Posts: 8
    Options
    It gets easier! I felt like dying my first workout, but it is amazing how quickly your body starts adapting.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Oh, it does get easier and less painful...until you start the next level! I still remember dreading going to the bathroom because getting to the sitting position was a killer. I would try to flop myself down without using any muscles - pretty sight that must have been.
  • cianna11
    Options
    I love this video, but does anyone know when it is time to change levels?? How long should I stay at level 1??

About 10 days at each level
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm there with ya! Today I will do Day 3 - Level 1 of 30 Day Shred. I am QUITE sore to say the least! Thighs, butt, arms. YIKES!!!!! She is insane! However, I'm gonna finish what I started and see what kind of results I get. From what I understand, the work is well worth it!!!!!