Replacement for the old Afterglow Post Workout Euphoria

Options
As my stockpile of the old formula dwindles, I see mostly bad stuff about the new formula (bad, chemical taste, doesn't mix, etc.) Anyone try the new stuff or have an alternative? I liked the old stuff...tasted ok, mixed easy after a workout and I liked that I wasn't paralyzed in pain the day after my Krav Maga workouts. I am open to suggestions.

Replies

• watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Boy the title of this had me thinking.....SEX. Not a supplement. I guess my mind is just in the gutter!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time finding the label and ingredients for your post workout. I like the 1st Phorm Phormula-1 post workout watermelon or fruity loopy flavors mixed with the post workout Ignition.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Boy the title of this had me thinking.....SEX. Not a supplement. I guess my mind is just in the gutter!

grsx.gif
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    <opens door>

not what i thought this was

<walks out>
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    What is it supposed to do? Ingredients list is mostly sugar/carbs, BCAA, and glutamine and a whole bunch of woo. Not to mention that meal timing, which is what they seem to be going after really only applies to the elite level athlete looking to push performance up which at that level is already incredibly difficult. Not sure what it is supposed to be for outside of a really expensive meal replacement/protein shake.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    <opens door>

<walks out>

Yup, yup.
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    <opens door>

<walks out>

Yup, yup.

Glad I am not the only one! Lol
  • Pauly187
    Pauly187 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hah...love the dirty minds!!! This cut my post workout soreness (which was bad) to a dull, workable soreness, not the walk around like I am dying and get tempted to skip a workout soreness. Will BCAA do this by itself? I do not want to go back to Advil to solve this...but I am not a chemist or a nutritionist. Anyone?

Oh and sorry I misled you...that was really the name of the product...it does sound like something out of an adult store now that I think about it. Laugh.
  • canoepug56
    canoepug56 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thats probably the Glutamine.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    <opens door>

<walks out>

And yea me too
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Pauly187 wrote: »
    Hah...love the dirty minds!!! This cut my post workout soreness (which was bad) to a dull, workable soreness, not the walk around like I am dying and get tempted to skip a workout soreness. Will BCAA do this by itself? I do not want to go back to Advil to solve this...but I am not a chemist or a nutritionist. Anyone?

Oh and sorry I misled you...that was really the name of the product...it does sound like something out of an adult store now that I think about it. Laugh.

Continuing to workout will also cut soreness. DOMS is usually caused by a new movement pattern and lack of adaptation. Once you adjust, your DOMS will decrease in severity. I almost never get DOMS any more outside of new movement patterns.

Protein and glutamine both help as DOMS is caused by micro tears in the tissue. Protein and glutamine (an amino acid) both will aid in recovery and repair simply due to the fact that they are protein and protein is what repairs muscle tissue.

Keep on keeping on. It won't be long before you don't get sore anymore.