Trying to stay motivated

Options
Hi. I joined on May 23, 2011 and have lost just 1.9 lbs instead of the expected 3-4lbs. I have kept to the daily calorie limit but am wondering if there are members who are not exercising for any appreciable time daily/ weekly and who experience a lot more weight loss. I am not very active since I have a desk job, husband, kids and long commute which makes it pretty impossible to go to a gym during the week. I know i need to exercise more and am workign to find an exercise schedule which will work.

Looking for some motivation.....

Replies

• NWfluffy
    NWfluffy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Try walking during your lunch break. Just slip on some tennies & walk wherever. You don't have to break a sweat, just get your blood moving. Also, if you're walking before you eat, you'll probably be less hungry.
  • bcatgray
    bcatgray Posts: 41
    Options
    Totally understand. My sister has a 2.5 hour commute to work M-F. Unless she wants to get up at 3 a.m., going to the gym has been an issue. She and I started doing a walk during her lunch break. She gets a full hour and will eat lunch at her desk then will walk around her work area for an hour. So far that has worked out great for her. Of course her walks are way better than mine since she works downtown San Diego and I'm in the mid-south. LOL
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Its hard to stay motivated when you don't see any changes :/ and I can imagine it's hard to find time to workout! You have to make sure you aren't just below your calorie intake mark but that you are eating healthy food. If you eat healthy it will help the weight come off. You gain muscle in the gym, lose weight in the kitchen :)
  • Nana_Anne
    Nana_Anne Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the 1.9 lbs! There are exercises you can do while at work. I just found out that standing helps and there are chair exercises too you can do at your desk. I have a few resistance bands and two 1 1/2 lb weights for my arms. I learned how to walk a mile in my living room too! Even the smallest steps forward are still motion forward :smile: How old are your children? Any games you can play that can get you up. I just played hide and seek with my grandchildren. I kinda cheated. I asked my beagle to go find each one!
  • Shan1710
    Shan1710 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all who have taken the time to read and respond. I am feeling a lot better and will take the advice and start walking around during my lunch hour. I do some days but other times it is really hit and miss.

Thanks again and this is my first posting - finally worked up the courage.