Work out clothes?

Options
I am curious on what a good brand of workout clothes would be? What are your favorites? I'm wearing old clothes (which I don't mind) but I want some nice gear to help make me more motivated. If I look good, I feel good type of thing.

Replies

• brookej8688
    brookej8688 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love the workout clothes at old navy. They are pretty cheap too. I also have been debating fabletics. but not sure about it yet.
  • JiggaJerra
    JiggaJerra Posts: 9 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have one work out tank from there,( I have never worn it for actually working out) lol
  • dbzdbz123
    dbzdbz123 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Target has great stuff, and unlike most inexpensive workout wear it somehow manages to last forever, doesn't go see-through, and is super-cute. I recommend against Fabletics...there's been a lot of bad publicity floating around about the horrible quality of what they send, and that it's extremely difficult to cancel and in the meantime they keep charging you.
  • smcrimmon84
    smcrimmon84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has pretty good stuff at good prices - which I like since I don't want to spend lots of money on stuff I am outgrowing :)

Lululemon if you want to splurge :D
  • laura0770
    laura0770 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Lululemon they are famous for making buts look great :)
  • April_Kae
    April_Kae Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Fabletics.com .. such cute stuff and fairly inexpensive
  • Asianbutterflies
    Asianbutterflies Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Walmart works fore everytime. Affordable and many sizes and designs. Danskin is the best.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I've found so much at Kohl's on clearance (I'm cheap)! I have 3 or 4 Fila racerback tanks that were like $5!! I love them. I usually wear leggings that I got from Target. Danskin at Wal-Mart is one of my faves, honestly!
  • HostageCat
    HostageCat Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of workout clothes but i don't know what brand, I just get what i like and what's on sale. Some places I have gotten clothes from are Walmart, Fabletics.com, old navy, amazon and JC Penny.
  • jessiej99
    jessiej99 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Under Armour-check the outlet section on their website. Extremely comfortable and their moisture wicking rocks!!
  • eatearth
    eatearth Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think the clothes can be hit or miss at places -- like one place may sell good sports bras but crappy leggings, the other place will be vice versa, etc.! I got a pair of amazing workout leggings from H&M that I live by. My poor leggings from Target & Walmart never get any workout time because I'm always in those H&M leggings. Kohl's is also pretty great for sales on fitness clothes. You can find some really cute workout tops at Forever 21 as well.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Brands I wear:
    Tek
    Lululemon
    BCG
    Champion
    Under Armour
    Brooks
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Here are my favs...some are crazy expensive, but worth it imo.
    Lululemon...an investment, bust lasts forever with proper care (I.e. No softener and no dryer - ever!)
    Lucy
    Athleta
    Old Navy (their stuff can be hit or miss, especially in regards to sizing)
    The Girls...great booty flattering pants that I've found at TJ Maxx)

I have other brands, but honestly rarely wear them for working out. Mostly household and yard work.
  • JiggaJerra
    JiggaJerra Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the advice. I'm excited to go shopping, coming from someone who hates shopping, to get work out gear! Old Navy and kohls here I come!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Walmart works fore everytime. Affordable and many sizes and designs. Danskin is the best.

Yeah, unlike Lululemon, their yoga pants don't give me camel toe. I'm so sad to have to save all that money.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i go to champion at target, whatever is on sale at Kohls, and recently started wearing Old Navy

TJ Maxx also has good name brand stuff
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Athleta. When I was in plus sizes I swore by Xersion at JC Penney but now in regular sizing I find their Xersion line runs really large (for example I have to get S & M in their shorts and yoga pants and I am a size 10 with big hips, so I can't imagine wearing that brand as a smaller person)
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I got my current clothes from Target. I've also done the Kohl's clearance rack and Walmart (I like Danskin sport bras). I like to look kind of cute working out, but I refuse to spend a ton of money - except maybe on good shoes if I'm going to be running in them.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I've found so much at Kohl's on clearance (I'm cheap)! I have 3 or 4 Fila racerback tanks that were like $5!! I love them. I usually wear leggings that I got from Target. Danskin at Wal-Mart is one of my faves, honestly!

I'm a huge fan of Kohl's clearance rack, too. I think my Fila running capris (seen in my photo) cost me $16.00.
  • _JustNate_
    _JustNate_ Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    clothes? who needs them. Besides in my garage gym, I only crack the garage door half way and only been ticketed once for disorderly conduct while jogging. :P jk of course!