Healthy smoothies

cards1
cards1 Posts: 3 Member
Has anyone used almond milk in a smoothie?

Replies

• pameld798
    pameld798 Posts: 4 Member
    I use almond milk in most of my smoothies. Delicious!
  • cards1
    cards1 Posts: 3 Member
    What type of fruit do you use with almond milk?
  • Jesswest22
    Jesswest22 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey, I use almond milk in smoothies and you can use any fruit really, I've not found any that it doesn't taste good with. My favourite is with strawberry and banana.
  • lynnstrick01
    lynnstrick01 Posts: 181 Member
    I try to start with spinach or Kale, then add just enough of whatever fruit to make it less bitter, then add water for consistency, I rarely use the almond milk but that isn't to say it isn't good, just personal preference. I don't personally like the fruit and almond milk ones they seem too much like a milkshake.. too sweet.

But if it satisfies your sweet tooth. GO FOR IT .. it's still WAY better than giving in to cravings for candy cake or cookies..
  • chelsea7162
    chelsea7162 Posts: 97 Member
    I go for unsweetened soy milk over almond, just s little extra protein which personally helps me reach my goals. I blend most of my smoothies with protein powder (vega one or the vega sport formula) so I find with almond milk it starts getting too rich for me.
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Peanut butter and chocolate spread with almond milk is like a liquid snickers with less cals
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    I just thought, frozen raspberries and almond milk or coconut milk is nice, banana too if you like it creamy
  • nonrg
    nonrg Posts: 73 Member
    edited January 2016
    I use unsweetened cashew milk myself, find it to be creamier. My daily breakfast is:
    • 1 cup cashew milk
    • 2 tblsp peanut butter
    • 1/2 frozen blueberries
    • 1 scoop ORAC amazing grass greens powder
    • 1 scoop Optimum 100% whey protein

Comes out to about 411 calories so the ingredients can be adjusted to fit your calorie profile.