Friends needed

Options
kirsty27h1
kirsty27h1 Posts: 222 Member
edited January 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi am new am kirsty looking for friends to help me through this hard time of my diet ect x

Replies

• EleanorLynn1989
    EleanorLynn1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Ella. Good luck. :]
  • hayleyreneal823
    hayleyreneal823 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm hayley and I have been on my diet for a week but last few days I have been really hungry and not to we'll, how are you coping thanks
  • EleanorLynn1989
    Options
    From my experience - The being hungry thing hasn't gotten easier. Everyday I reach my calorie limit and feel like I'm starving myself, so I keep asking myself, "is this healthy?" So right now I think I'm just going to weigh my food and get used to water and not worry about the logging everyday until I can get used to not always being so hungry all the time.
  • kirsty27h1
    kirsty27h1 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    With me I have porridge in the mornings and a apple or something in day then around 6 I have my meal and that has stopped me over eating I would eat until I had to make my self sick x
  • EleanorLynn1989
    Options
    Eating for me is the hardest thing. I have always had a massive appetite, however I'm not active, so that's what's causing the problem. Yesterday I ate most of 1350 calories by 7am with only 81 left, so I wasn't able to eat anything the rest of the day. I went to bed and when I woke up I was like, "I CAN'T take this anymore!" Everyday I reach my calorie goal and I cry and I have a breakdown because I'm like, "what am I supposed to do now since I don't have any calories left?" But being a diabetic I knew I had to eat, because going hours and hours without eating can be dangerous. Now I'm eating and I'm making sure I at least weigh my food so I get used to serving sizes before I get too involved in my logging. Honestly, part of the problem with all this too is I didn't even know what calories were until last summer when I came to this site, and this is my 2nd time doing this. Yeah I'd see calories written on every food label I saw at the grocery store, but I was completely unaware that I was only supposed to eat a certain amount of them everyday. I feel like eating a certain way my entire life and learning something new and telling myself I have to eat that way right away is what's also causing all this anxiety and all these breakdowns. I think if I just keep working at it and doing it slowly so I can get my way into it and let my body adjust it'll be easier on me that way.
  • tzkully
    tzkully Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have found it easier to eat a good breakfast around 350-400 calories and then a small snack around 100 calories every couple hours between meals... Don't starve yourself!!! Bad plan.
  • _JustNate_
    _JustNate_ Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    yes...what' tzkully said. starving not good. I dropped 40lbs 3 years ago. took me just over 4 months but, I was on a mission! lol Did it by staying just under my calorie goal and doing elliptical and/or jogging 2 times a day. Maintained for 2 years and put back on about 20 in 2015. Have to get back in routine like I was 3 years ago.
  • nonrg
    nonrg Posts: 73 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Anyone needing diet advice feel free to add me. I have many years in the nutrition and exercise game and would be happy to help.

A tip I can give on feeling hungry: make sure you are adding in foods that aren't too dense in calories and high in fiber (fiber fills you up) and protein. Black beans, veggies, lean ground turkey, berries, greek yogurt are all great for this.
  • Wizeman22
    Wizeman22 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    i am looking to lose 35lbs and need friends with similar goals.
  • Kelley0519
    Kelley0519 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • daltonjsmom
    daltonjsmom Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have been on here for awhile and have lost 40+ lbs., but am always looking for supportive friends. Feel free to add me!
  • sandiikat
    sandiikat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend, I have had this app for a while but I just recently started getting more involved with the community and adding people and it's truly helped me a lot! :) Anyone can feel free to add me as well. :)