Just Not Hungry

Options
Question Time!

So, normally I force myself to at least eat 1200 calories or above, even when I'm not hungry, and usually it's not a problem. But after a mini binge fest a few days ago, I have just not been hungry. I forced myself to eat yesterday, even though I didn't feel like it, but today I have no appetite at all. Prelogged my diary for today, and it will only come to about 900 some calories, which I know is too few. But my question is: Is it okay to go under a few days when you aren't up to force feeding yourself?

What do you think? :)

Replies

• janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

I think going under 1200 cal for a few days will lead to another "mini binge fest" later on.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Is there a possibility that there in an ED within the confines of these questions? Sounds like someone having to force food eat and binge is a classic sign of something that you should:

1) analyze these habits you have (such as is this a one time thing or does this happen a lot and why (what is going on in your life make you not want to eat or even binge).

2) get a doctors help if you are continually going under the 1200 calories or binge then going to a VLCD..
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »

I think going under 1200 cal for a few days will lead to another "mini binge fest" later on.

Possibly, yes, but eating when I'm not hungry sometimes brings it out too.
    gia07 wrote: »
    Is there a possibility that there in an ED within the confines of these questions? Sounds like someone having to force food eat and binge is a classic sign of something that you should:

1) analyze these habits you have (such as is this a one time thing or does this happen a lot and why (what is going on in your life make you not want to eat or even binge).

2) get a doctors help if you are continually going under the 1200 calories or binge then going to a VLCD..

I definitely don't have the healthiest relationship with food, but I do normally eat good, no problem. It wouldn't be considered bad to eat lighter for a few days, though, would it? So long as I return to normal?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You're in a better position to judge if this is a healthy response to over eating or if you normally cycle through binge/restrict cycles and should seek professional help.

Also, is it hormonal? My appetite goes up premenstrually and then drops. I eat normal foods at maintenance levels for a few days, and when my appetite tanks, go with that.
  • FreshKrisKreash
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    You're in a better position to judge if this is a healthy response to over eating or if you normally cycle through binge/restrict cycles and should seek professional help.

Also, is it hormonal? My appetite goes up premenstrually and then drops. I eat normal foods at maintenance levels for a few days, and when my appetite tanks, go with that.

This is actually new to me. I've never lost my appetite before. :/
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    My appetite goes up and down depending on my cycle - loads of women are the same on here. I just go with it as it averages out over the course if the month. I dont have an issue with binging so i cant help there. Im hungrier during ovulation and pms and have no appetite during my period. i never go hungry and i never force feed myself. It may be worth tracking your cycle for a few months. I use an app- there are loads available.
  • FreshKrisKreash
    Options
    Ahh, so it's normal then? Nothing to worry about? Whew!