Work Out Video Ideas

Options
I am someone who was never into exercising. But now I want to get into it more. Looking for some good starter videos that will help me get into exercising.

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I have the families hand-me-downs of a ton of the richard simmons videos lol.....but if you have a wii or a xbox you can get the workout games that come with it, they look fun
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I love jillian michael's DVDs, they aren't too bad and they work! Her 30 Day Shred It is only 20 minutes so its easy to be like, only 15 minutes left!!
  • asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    I agree that the Wii and Xbox games are great. I love Zumba myself. You can also do some Jillian Michaels or Biggest Loser workouts which are about 10 bucks at Walmart or Target. If you're looking for more of a program, I suggest Turbo Jam. Its a pretty fun workout.
  • Emismom77
    Emismom77 Posts: 56
    Options
    Any DVDs/Videos by BeachBody are great! I also have both a Wii & and XBox with Kinect. Those are LOTS of fun!!!
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels or Biggest Loser vids are good!

You should go to www.exercisetv.tv. They have free videos there, you can mix and match and try different workouts!

Good luck!
  • lolopizza
    lolopizza Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    agreed, jillian michael's DVDs are the best! i use 30 Day Shred, 6 week 6 pack and Yoga Meltdown. all three are 35 min or less for warm-up, work-out and cool down.
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Check out www.collagevideo.com - this is a great website that lets you break videos down my category and let's you preview every single one of them! I've not ordered directly from the site (but have used it to preview tons of videos) but my understanding is you can return anything, even opened, for a refund if you don't like it...
  • tg025880
    tg025880 Posts: 42
    Options
    i dont know how long you have to work out but i reccomend the P90-X workout series, if you have a way of getting it i highly reccomend it, i want to warn you though, its hard and its not gonna be easy but once you get thru the 90 days you will feel and look much better
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels & Billy Blanks Tae Bo
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    zumba zumba zumba. The set i have has a beginners that teaches you all the moves, and theres a 20 minute beginners workout on there. its hard to begin with, but very well worth it. i still drip tons of sweat after doing it for 3 1/2 months and the informercial is right, i did drop a pants size in 10 days.
  • MeganJo
    MeganJo Posts: 69
    Options
    Jillian Michaels are good, just make sure you are using proper form on the squats and lunges or you will hurt your knees (she does a lot of these!). I also like the new Jane Fonda series and the Tone It Up dvd, check out amazon for those =]
  • vodkaswigger
    vodkaswigger Posts: 467
    Options
    hiya, theres a great site called www.exercise tv.co.uk. They have loads of short or full workouts and are all free, ive been using them a while now, worth a look by anyone. Every range is there. Hope this helps xx
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    If you are starting out, I recommend you try Leslie Sansone Walking Series. Before you go out buying anything, look at what is out there for free on the exercise channel which is on ya cable guide. Have fun and may your loss be your gain.

E
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I love the beachbody workouts, high energy and lots of fun. I have done turbo jam, and and am now doing chalean extreme for strength training, and turbo fire for cardio
  • JennsRAQ
    JennsRAQ Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I started a Youtube playlist of a bunch of easy workouts that are short to get you started/motivated!
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PL493E9C28673DA349&feature=mh_lolz
  • rgunn02
    rgunn02 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I love The Firm series. I;ve tried lots of others, but keep coming back to these. They have a person doing beginner moves, and they focus on form and core stability.
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    I like old school Jane Fonda videos. The outfits alone will give you enough amusement to make it to the end.
  • dietnfit
    dietnfit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian's workouts. They are inexpensive but they are very good. She has a nice variety of workouts available and each includes variation for beginners to advanced.

The Turbo Jam workouts are good to. There is the Maximum Results DVD which has 5 workouts on it. Also the cardio party 2 and Punch and Kick Jam is good too.

If you have On Demand channels, there are some really good workouts on Exercise on Demand. They are free to use and they can last anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour. Lots of variety including strength, yoga, dance, cardio, kick boxing...In fact some of Jillians workouts are on there too...so you can try them before you buy them!
  • Lstrhi
    Lstrhi Posts: 132
    Options
    I do:
    30 day shred
    Bellydance with Dolphina
    and a Bollywood workout dvd

I like to mix things up :)
  • sarskin
    sarskin Posts: 11
    Options
    Turbo Jam, 10 min Trainer is also another good one. It's short and sweet, and very effective. :) But I think you are on the right track with Zumba. :) Good luck and have fun!!!!