Running my first half marathon!

Options
nspink22
nspink22 Posts: 83 Member
edited January 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hi everyone! I am not new to myfp, but am getting back into the groove after a little break. I will be running my first half marathon in June, and I'd love some new friends and support! I am a pescatarian from the US, but I currently live in Finland. Looking forward to meeting you!

Replies

• melissadhonl
    melissadhonl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! I am looking to run one in September in Oregon. How fun :smiley:
  • robburry_85
    robburry_85 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • LHWhite903
    LHWhite903 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Work up to it week by week! :smiley: Don't try to do it all at once or you'll get hurt and maybe not be able to reach your goal in time. Remember, you're just getting back into it now and may not be exactly as fit as you used to be. That being said, I offer you all the emotional support I can muster. You can do it!!!
  • jenmacy
    jenmacy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've ran a few - feel free to add me if you want!
  • nspink22
    Options
    Good luck!! I am looking to run one in September in Oregon. How fun :smiley:

Thanks! Good luck to you, too!
  • nspink22
    Options
    Good luck

Thank you!

• nspink22
    Options
    LHWhite903 wrote: »
    Work up to it week by week! :smiley: Don't try to do it all at once or you'll get hurt and maybe not be able to reach your goal in time. Remember, you're just getting back into it now and may not be exactly as fit as you used to be. That being said, I offer you all the emotional support I can muster. You can do it!!!

Thanks for the advice :) I used to be a runner...back in the day ;) but I am following a long and slow training plan for this one, so hopefully all will go well!
  • laurenbjones01
    laurenbjones01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ahh Im running a full in June. I've ran a lot if half marathons. Lmk if you need any help:-)