Middle age woman needing to lose 25-30 pounds

Options
Hi guys. I am in my mid 50's needing to lose a few pounds and get WAY more active than setting at a desk all day or parked on the sofa watching tv.
Anyone willing to be friends......let me know!

Replies

• Lorriehashope
    Lorriehashope Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Love to have you as a friend...I am 52 and tried of being overweight!
  • hotcoffee692
    hotcoffee692 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    46 and about 25-30 pounds to lose as well - friend me!
  • barbpl65
    barbpl65 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    50 here..with about 15 pounds to lose. A few years ago, I managed to lose almost 30, got complacent, and it started to creep back on. Have to get back into my old habits, not going to be easy
  • tharky1
    tharky1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 50's and need to loose 20. Would love the support from someone my age as you know how different and challenging it is to loose at this time in our life
  • skk1020
    skk1020 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 46 and need to lose closer to 50 lbs, but that scares me! So I am starting with a smaller goal of 15! I also work at a desk all day and have a hard time forcing myself to be active . . .
  • barbpl65
    Options
    Is there somebody you work with that you could walk with during lunch? Sometimes just having somebody holding you accountable helps
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    skk1020 wrote: »
    I am 46 and need to lose closer to 50 lbs, but that scares me! So I am starting with a smaller goal of 15! I also work at a desk all day and have a hard time forcing myself to be active . . .

just lose 1 pound 50 times!
  • gggirl67
    gggirl67 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Need to get motivated would like to meet up with ladies over 40. Needing to lose 30 to 40 pounds. Dealing with hormones and life. Also a workout buddy to check in with daily !
  • ashatwell87
    ashatwell87 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I am in the same boat! Some friendly motivation would be awesome!
  • happy4252010
    happy4252010 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    barbpl65 wrote: »
    Is there somebody you work with that you could walk with during lunch? Sometimes just having somebody holding you accountable helps

Unfortunately I work in a one person office most days. But, I have a recumbent bike that I loaded up out of storage and brought up here to try to get me moving.
  • Sapphires4me
    Sapphires4me Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Happy to meet people in the same boat as me. 53 and need to lose about 30 pounds. Helps to have people to talk to about it.
  • mom24boston
    mom24boston Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Happy to join you also. 45 years old and 30 to lose. Just gave up on Weight Watchers after not losing for 4 months :(
  • philpottl
    philpottl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat, would love to find a supportive group as I tackle a 25 pound weight loss as I turn 50 this year!

Please feel free to friend me!
  • MichelleMP67
    MichelleMP67 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 years old with 49lbs to lose. I'm always looking for "friends" who are interested in supporting one another. So happy4252010 and anyone else reading this post, please feel free to add me!
  • Walkingoffthelbs
    Walkingoffthelbs Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just turned 50 - so feel free to add :)
  • barbpl65
    Options
    Took a chance and jumped on the scale at the gym today. Was afraid it might be too soon and mess with my motivation. But, was pleasantly surprised to find that I've lost 4 pounds in the past 16 days! I know that will never be normal, but it's enough to keep me going to the gym when wind chills are around zero
  • cbro70
    cbro70 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am 45 and just quite smoking a few weeks ago and have gain a few pounds. I am now working on getting back in shape and would love to get motivation and help others if I can. Please feel free to add me. I am new and dont have any friends. LOL!!!
  • jramirez1971
    jramirez1971 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in my 40's and starting the new year off to a great start of being Healthy. I'm looking to lose 60 lbs this year alone!!! So feel free to add me as I will you as well. In fact anyone wanting to add for motivation, add me :) Lets start this year with good health discussion and motivation!!!
  • Lollie2Lily
    Lollie2Lily Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm Kellie and 50 and needing to lose about 50 lbs. I'm getting married in May and would like to drop at least 20 by then. I could use some accountability partners.
  • gingerose84
    gingerose84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me too, 46 and need to lose 25 pounds to get back in shape and wear my sexy jeans