Sheddin' for the Weddin'

Options
13»

Replies

• slheddlesten
    slheddlesten Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    thats funny you used shedd cause that the beginning of my name sheddlesten. good luck on your big day!
  • gurlygirlrcr80
    gurlygirlrcr80 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    what made you go to Ketosis? That's a tough diet for a lazy dieter. I did ketosis and had urine strips to see if i entered ketosis and was neurotic about tracking fat/protein/carbs/calories. I'm also a fellow bride :) i gave myself till March 2017 though and bought the size i was at the time. i'm already down a size since November but you will lose weight with Keto but it's going to be tough if you are looking for ketosis. This is my opinion having done it...i'm doing paleo now with more success and happiness...
  • emkrichardson
    emkrichardson Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My fiancee is guiding me, as he's done it before with great success. My focus is a little more simple: cut way back on carbs and stay around 1500 cals. So far so good, I've lost 4 lbs in less than a week.
  • blue_ladibug
    blue_ladibug Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am reading up on Keto and how it works. I just finished a WHOLE 30 which was brutal. Seeking friends for support!
  • ASN2615
    ASN2615 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in April!! I am doing Orange Theory 4 × week and measuring ALL my food. I also limit myself to 1-2 alcoholic drinks a week. So far I've lost 6 lbs this month, so about 2 lbs/week. I'll probably start going to the gym 2 extra days and once it isn't freezing outside, I'll be taking my pup for longer walks! Good luck brides, we can do it!!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    DavPul wrote: »
    Why not just buy a dress that fits?

Do you know women? @DavPul :bigsmile:

After 33 years of marriage? Of course not!

You've been married to Dav for 33 years?
    Does he know?

?? The question was do you know women? 33:years of marriage is not near enough to understand women. (66 probably is not enough either) :)
  • perhapsormaybe
    perhapsormaybe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Maaike84 wrote: »
    I have ordered my dress in august, and ordered it half a size up as I was in between sizes and did not want to stress. Lost some weight, or at least quite some inches since then, and it's arriving today - so I am very curious to see how it will fit and how much I will have to take it in! But it is nice to not have the stress of fitting into it. That said, 30 lbs between now and october is doable - just make sure you take an approach that you can stick with. Overall calorie deficit is way more effective long term than an overly restrictive diet.

Let us know how it looked!

I can see buying the dress early and a little smaller as a way of motivation, but ...they're just so stupidly expensive to begin with (I'm going shopping with someone who is very confused that I did not want to spend more than $300 on one dress, if that) that if you can't wear it and often can't return it, you're kind of out of luck. More motivating, I guess, but financially a gamble. But stick with it and keep logging and working out. I've got two weeks until my first dress shopping trip and I really hope I'm smaller by then.
  • PartyJenn
    PartyJenn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ok, I know you've had a ton of people respond so I hope this doesn't get lost in the crowd. When I got married I was close to my goal weight and ordered the size that I tried on in the store. Little did I know, the dress I tried on was stretched out from so many people trying it on. When my dress came in, it was crazy tight and I looked bad in it. I only had two months at that point till the wedding so I couldn't send it back since it takes 4 months to get the dress back. My only option was to lose weight and shrink. I worked out 6 days a week with body pump (most gyms offer their classes) and running. I also did weight watchers. I lost 15 pounds in those two months after I had already lost 45 pounds gradually over a year. Looking back it was everything I hoped my wedding day would be. It is worth the sweat to make the memory sweet. Good luck!!
  • cpaulino4
    cpaulino4 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey girl. I also aim to lose for the big day. The day after mystery man popped thr question i knew i had to lose some blubber. I'm 5'2 and I weigh 138 lbs. I want to lose 20 pounds. I'm in N.Y. Message/add me on here. It would be great if we could motivate each other.