yoga or workout pants that dont pill and are not shiny?

Options
Any suggestions? I always get pilling where my thighs rub....which i figure i just have to deal with - but pilling in other places drives me crazy!

Any suggestions? Im willing to shell out big bucks if they last and dont pill!

Im currently wearing these, but it full length pants:

http://m.kohls.com/product/prd-2070724/tek-gear-core-lifestyle-capri-yoga-leggings-womens.jsp?ci_mcc=ci&utm_campaign=ACTIVE PRIVATE BRAND&utm_medium=CSE&utm_source=google&utm_product=98731708&CID=shopping15&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=98731708&gclid=CjwKEAiA2ve0BRDCgqDtmYXlyjkSJACEPmdwrdsvW33iGQMDf3dYNJhAkJ_tsP1LIVtI4hMvCcbvNxoCqXbw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CJuxz73HtsoCFU8cgQodWH8ECQ

Replies

• starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    new York and company has pretty great yoga pants, and they are not that expensive even regularly and they often have a buy one get one sale. Order smaller than you would think. And they have short, regular or long... the long are actually long enough for me which is almost impossible to find.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    I'm happy with the Kohl's Sonoma yoga pants. I got them in the store last fall and couldn't find them online last time I looked for a thread like this.
  • Shan_Lindsay
    Shan_Lindsay Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Have you tried lululemon?
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Athleta Chaturanga capris/tights aren't shiny and don't pill.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    My VS pants are more than 2 years old, no pilling. I got them at an outlet store for a steal. Some of their pants ARE shiny, so I'd recommend buying in-store rather than online.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Danskin Now pants have been durable for me and are not shiny.
  • MrsSquirrilla
    MrsSquirrilla Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Xersion brand from JC Penney are available online and in stores. Short, Regular and Long sizes available in a wide variety of styles and they are all comfortable, breathable and non-pilling fabrics. I really like that brand of activewear, especially if you want something nice and durable without spending $$$.
  • zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    In Canada here I like Danskin and Tuff Athletics. I get them both from Costco.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I buy spalding yoga pants. They seem to keep shape, and they're both soft and comfortable.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I got mine from Target. They're simple gray cotton pajama bottoms. No elastic cuff, with a drawstring waist, and very very comfy!

Edit: Essentially, these but in cotton.
    http://www.target.com/p/women-s-fluid-knit-pajama-pant-gilligan-o-malley/-/A-15660196#prodSlot=medium_1_29&term=pajama+bottoms
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Gapbody and Under Armor are my favorite. Gapbody's are high quality, not see through, and made in the same factory with same materials as Lululemon and the best part is they are more than half the price of Lulu. I've had pairs for years.

To get more life out of your workout gear, don't use fabric softener/dryer sheets on any of them.
  • CalorieCountChocula
    CalorieCountChocula Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    One good tip for pilling (would that be the term?) is to slowly and gently use an electric razor on the area to get rid of the pills.
  • magtart
    magtart Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I like LandsEnd
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I like Old Navy Yoga Pants. I can get them cheap, and they come in tall (which at 5'11 and 36in inseam, is a must).

I'm ok with Pilling if they fit right and they are cheap. Worst come to worst I have to replace them regularly.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of pairs of Lululemons that don't pill but those are mostly shiny ones. These aren't shiny, feel like butter and seem not to pill http://www.montiel.com/collections/bottoms/products/lea-legging
  • mspattylo
    mspattylo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Zumba website has great workout pants. And they are not see-thru! I have so many pairs. Use code: 1fiercegal and you can also get 10% off :)
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Danskin Now pants have been durable for me and are not shiny.

Same here - I love Danskin! They have both shiny and non-shiny as well as capri length and full length. I have some from nearly 2 years ago that are still in great shape. Plus, you can get 'em at Walmart for under $15!!
  • tristen_leigh
    tristen_leigh Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    For those suggesting pants from Old Navy and Walmart... I don't really understand rebuying crappy yoga pants over and over again. If you want high quality, I would go with Lululemon or Athleta. You're definitely paying for a much better quality that will last you longer. Always wash in cold, gentle detergent and no fabric softener, lay flat to dry.

Good luck!
  • Babymomma2two
    Babymomma2two Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Inknburn makes fantastic pants that hold up ridiculously well. They're not exactly matte, but I don't feel like they're shiny either.
  • paulandrachelk
    paulandrachelk Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    walmart danskin