How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I just got a scale and I plan to weight myself once a week. first thing in the morning, naked, after going to the bathroom and before showering. that'll get you the most accurate reading.
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily because I like to chart it. I like watching the ups and downs because I can see that over all I'm on a downward trend and the ups are probably things like water retention. I really like charts though, haha.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I do it daily to establish a trend. I enter my exact number in my fitbit account which connects automatically to https://trendweight.com and creates a trend.
  • muscleandbeard
    muscleandbeard Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Every Monday at 8am.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,940 Member
    Options
    Daily, after using the bathroom and before eating or drinking.

I push the info via a free fitbit.com account (no band required) to both www.trendweight.com and www.weightgrapher.com (weightgrapher accepts manual input too),

This allows me to differentiate water weight variations from my underlying weight trend.

You can also use Happy Scale for iPhone and Libra for Android.
  • jasmineruth
    jasmineruth Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning at the same time. This gives me a good idea of how my weight fluctuates. Also because I am in maintenence I don't necessarily track my calories unless I notice a change in my weight above and beyond the normal fluctuations.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    xLyric wrote: »
    I weigh daily because I like to chart it. I like watching the ups and downs because I can see that over all I'm on a downward trend and the ups are probably things like water retention. I really like charts though, haha.

I feel the same way. I do realize that with the "liking of the charts", for me, that in itself can carry a stress of its own. I have to continuously tell myself, "its just a tool, stop thinking like such a tool'..hahaha
  • KittyHeaven74
    KittyHeaven74 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    When I was in my early 20s, I had an eating disorder. I weighed myself 2-3 times DAILY. So for a long time, even after I gained back the weight and then some, even when I got to a point where I needed to lose weight in a healthy way ... I avoided the scale. I was afraid I would become obsessive and unhealthy again.

Now I have pretty much conquered the eating disorder demon. I have no desire to ever starve myself again. When I see weight loss because I didn't eat enough one day, I remind myself that I can't keep doing that because it's not healthy. It's not a hard choice now.

And for that reason, I've gone back to weighing myself daily in the morning, after I've done my business but before I've eaten. I track it in MFP and then move on. My official weight, though, is whatever shows up on the scale on Sunday morning. I only just started doing this a week ago, but so far I'm liking the process. I am using it primarily to keep myself motivated and to track fluctuations - I like to see if something I ate (or water I didn't drink enough of) affected my weight. It helps me to stay accountable and not "forget" the good habits I'm trying to develop.

I've had two days in a row now where my weight was up. I wasn't happy about it, but decided that since fluctuations are normal, I'm going to change nothing in my diet and just add more water as I know I haven't had enough lately.

Someone on another thread had recommended the Happy Scale phone app, and I've just downloaded it. It looks great for averaging out fluctuations so you don't get discouraged when you are up.
  • simplycidalia
    simplycidalia Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    No more than once a week. Usually a lot less.
  • robburry_85
    robburry_85 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Every Friday morning me
  • WigglexWigglexWiggle
    Options
    Every morning. If I don't do it daily I'll forget to do it weekly.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Every Monday morning but I might just start doing it the day after whenever I poop. Been a problem of only going every 3-4 days last few weeks.
  • klyn2016
    klyn2016 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a month. I know weight can and will fluctuate so I don't feel it necessary (for me) to weigh myself daily. Since I am trying to lose weight at the moment, once a week doesn't work for me either. I know (mentally) that some weeks I might not lose anything, some weeks I might even gain weight! But I don't want to have to physically see whether I gained or stayed the same so for me I weigh in the first of every month.
  • queenjaquita
    queenjaquita Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Monday mornings. The reminder over the weekend that I have to step on the scale helps me stay in check.