butter lettuce
    shredded cheese
    black olives
    shredded carrots
    ranch dressing
  • kthompson601
    kthompson601 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I love a big salad and have one for lunch most days. Usually spinach and arugula, bell peppers, shredded carrots, feta, grape tomatoes, and a teaspoon of olive oil, with croutons. I'm not a fan of ranch, and I prefer my salad really lightly dressed.

My absolute favorite restaurant salad is at Sweetgreen, the Hummus Tahini. Dark greens, cucumbers, red onion, tomatoes, feta, hummus, pita chips, tahini sauce, and big hunks of falafel. Mmmmm, I want it now! ::drools over keyboard::
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    My normal lunch salad is

3 oz. cooked skinless chicken breast
    hearts of romaine
    green and red bell peppers
    banana peppers
    cucumber slices
    Either cottage cheese or a sprinkling of shredded cheddar
    For the dressing I use a teaspoon of olive oil mixed with whatever type of vinegar appeals to me that day
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Large dish salad with iceberg lettuce, Spring mix lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, celery, salad toppings (1 Tablespoon) and one tablespoon of Greek Feta cheese Dressing.

I usually had a protein with my salad which could be boiled egg, or chicken. Today, I added 1/2 tuna fish salad. I have not had tuns in a long time...it was so good.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Absolute favorite is baby spinach and baby kale topped with chicken, cucumbers, craisins, sunflower seeds, gorgonzola, with champagne vinaigrette.

I ate some variation of that salad almost every single day when I was pregnant...and I still love it!
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My absolute favorite is any lettuce (usually red leaf or baby romaine) with grilled chicken breast, goat cheese, green apple, and cucumber, with a bit of candied pecans and/or dried cherries if I have the calories, and about 1-2 tb of GOOD aged balsamic vinegar (apple or cherry flavored if I have it) with 1-2 tsp of herbed olive oil.

Second favorite is similar but a little different - lettuce, grilled chicken, goat cheese, cucumber, apple, corn, avocado, slivered almonds, and homemade honey mustard vinaigrette.

Third favorite is lettuce, shrimp, very thinly sliced raw jalapeno and red onion, cucumber, avocado, TONS of cilantro, lime juice, and ranch dressing (I make a delicious light homemade version).

Edited to add: Forgot my 4th fave! Lol. Napa cabbage, toasted almonds and sesame seeds and dry ramen noodles, chicken or shrimp, and dressing made with soy sauce, peanut butter, rice vinegar, and olive oil.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Caesar - romaine, carrots, grilled chicken, parmesan, croutons...Kraft Light Caesar

Harvest - spring mix, cucumber, grilled chicken, craisins, pecans, chopped apple, gorgonzola - apple cider vinaigrette

Taco - romaine, peppers, grilled chicken, shredded cheddar, baked Doritos, salsa-ranch
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Favourite Salads:

Nicoise - tomato, cucumber, Nicoise olives, green beans, egg, Tuna
    Sichuan Cucumber - cucumber, garlic, chili oil, brown rice vinegar
    Bean Salad - bean medley, cucumber, carrots
    Spinach - Spinach, pumpkin seeds, chevre, poppyseed dressing...sometimes pomegranate seeds
    Tomato - Heirloom, Mozzarella, basil and basalmic

From a bag:
    Eat Smart - wild greens and quinoa

In the end, I will make a salad with anything that I have or find interesting in the store...or in my garden.

This year will be planting mizunza, purslane, shiso, arugula variants...and more fun herbs for salads.
  • richardositosanchez
    richardositosanchez Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    chicken breast, spinach, avocado, mushrooms, black olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, maybe some shredded cheddar, and for dressing i'll use olive oil with lemon or lime juice, salt and black pepper, or sometime just lemon/lime juice with salt, black pepper, maybe some cayenne pepper.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I also eat a big salad (think mixing bowl) nearly every day for lunch. I call it the kitchen sink salad because I throw just about everything I've got in there. Mostly low-cal veggies, some protein and then add higher calorie stuff if I've got the calories to spare.

My go-to favorite - Mixed greens (3-4 cups of herb blend, arugula, spinach, cilantro), cucumbers, red peppers, grape tomatoes, celery, a bit of leftover quinoa, lentils or rice, top it with about 2 oz of chicken breast, tuna, or roast beef and 1/2 cup of 2% cottage cheese. Sometimes add a sliced boiled egg. Seeds on top - sunflower, hemp, chia, and/or sesame. I'm not a fan of heavy dressings, so the cottage cheese usually suffices along with about a Tbsp of my homemade vinaigrette. I mix and match depending on what I have and usually around 300-350 calories. Even with everything listed this salad is just around 400 calories. (If the calories are looking too high, I'll just eat the egg white and feed the yolk to my dogs.)

2nd favorite - Taco salad. Mixed greens, black or pinto beans, lean ground beef or chicken, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, and 3-4 crushed up tortilla chips (just enough to add crunch). I'll mix salsa with a little greek yogurt for the dressing. Divine!!

My favorite salad blend is one I can rarely find. It's called Sweet Pea by Organic Girl and is a combo of sweet pea shoots, baby green romaine, tango, baby green oakleaf, baby greenleaf, baby green bok choy, and lolla rosa (copied and pasted from their website). I've only seen it a couple times here and there. The pea shoots add a delicious flavor to the greens. Really wishing my local groceries would carry it!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    baby greens and spring mix with shredded red cabbage, red onion, cucumber, kalamata olives, beets, peas, boiled egg, and chicken breast. Italian or balsamic vinaigrette to dress.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I love sizzling hot grilled steak (or hot chicken) on a salad with funky cheese (blue, parm, feta, etc) and roasted peppers and mushrooms, with tomatoes and bacon on a cold bed of greens. With a funky dressing like Caesar or similar.

Hot meat and veg on cold greens is generally my favorite way to top a salad. I like salads however they are topped and prepared, though, the only exceptions being shredded raw carrots (I don't mind carrots prepared any other way) or any purple cabbage in sight can make a salad significantly less appetizing for me.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    salmon salad nicoise with light champagne viniagrette dressing. It's Lettuce, tomatoes,new potatoes,green beans, avocado,olives, onions,boiled egg, salmon. Soooo good!
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Baby spinach and kale, roasted butternut squash, diced apple, almond slivers, craisins, chicken with a raspberry vinaigrette.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with the bagged Dole "Chop Chop" salads - Sesame Ginger and BBQ Ranch are my favourite. I eat half a bag and add bell pepper, green onion, tomato, and cucumber, plus a protein if I'm not having something else. It's been my dinner 50% of the time for months now.
  • nonrg
    nonrg Posts: 73 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I like this combo, great protein and fiber combo
    • Romaine
    • chicken breast
    • hard boiled egg
    • kidney beans
    • black olives
    • bleu cheese
    • beets
    • shredded carrot
  • hmichaud09
    hmichaud09 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    my work salad is usual;y

Romaine or Spring Mix
    Cucumber
    cherry tomato
    snap peas
    cabbage
    bell pepper
    garbanzo beans
    sunflower seeds
    MINIMAL fresh bacon bits

Dressing is 2/3 oz balsamic vinegar, 1/3 oz olive oil and 1 tsp of Good Season's Italian salad dressing mix

My preferred salad which I make all the time in the summer is

Grilled Romaine
    " Cucumber
    " cherry tomato
    " zucchini
    " asparagus
    " onion
    and a little lemon juice as a dressing.
  • flipfloplife
    flipfloplife Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yum. All these salads.

Mines boring but i see no one puts roasted chick peas..

Leaf lettuce
    Cucumbers
    Feta cheese
    Roasted chuck peas
    Whatever dressing sounds good
  • wilkie81
    wilkie81 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try some or all of these. You all are awesome. Thanks
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Mexican salad - lettuce, whatever meat you like, black beans, rice, avocado, tomatoes, roasted peppers and onions, bit of shredded cheese, salsa for dressing (lower calorie option without rice or beans, obviously)

Smoked salmon, goat cheese, beets and arugula with Dijon mustard/red wine vinegar dressing (you can add pecan or walnuts if you like)

Grilled steak/chicken, spring mix, tomato, cucumber, carrots, blue cheese (or Gorgonzola), avocado with Dijon mustard/red wine vinegar dressing (or the same with shrimp and/or salmon, I just don't use mustard or cheese in that one)

My favorite http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10184311/california-roll-salad-less-than-330-calories#latest