Any helpers out there??

Options
So who wants to take some time out of their day to help a stranger in need? I would totally appreciate it if someone would take a look at my daily meals and tell me what i can do to better it and start loosing this weight! i have 6 lbs to loose by 7/1 and i hope i can accomplish that goal!The goal is not concrete as i know its a short amount of time so any weight lost is welcomed! Thanks in advance for the help! ive been exercising pretty regularly and i have been feeling so sluggish and like i am doing nothing so im assuming it has to do with my diet. Any and all help is welcomed! Have a wonderful day everyone!

Replies

• sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    You need to put your diary on public first in settings.
  • eelozano
    eelozano Posts: 8
    Options
    Yep, your dairy needs to be public.

Top of the page -> Settings -> Diary Settings -> Set it to public (radio button near the bottom)
  • EmilySG2011
    Options
    Are you eating a good amount of protein each day? This helps keep energy levels up.
  • antijen
    antijen Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I only looked at yesterday, but you might consider more breakfast if you're feeling sluggish and maybe eat back more of your exercise cals.
  • rosy_rsls
    rosy_rsls Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    SOrry about that. SLipped my mind that you might need to actually be able to SEE it lol.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    It doesn't seem to me like you're eating enough. Instead of having healthy, balanced meals - I see a lot of 'randomness' - coffee drinks, fast food, chips, etc. You do eat a good amount of fruit, though.

From the looks of your calories burned, you're exercising pretty hard. I think you'd have better luck if you kept your net calories around 1200 each day. For example, on June 10th, you only ate 780 total calories, even though you burned 560 off with exercise. That's just not enough to keep your motor running! I'm not surprised you feel a little sluggish.
  • menacingsprite
    menacingsprite Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm not seeing very many vegetables in your diet. If you don't really like them then I would suggest taking a multivitamin with some extra B6 to help with your energy. Also eating once a day like you did the other day isn't going to help your energy at all. I get that people want to lose weight, but starving your body is only going to make that weight loss slower because your body goes into starvation mode. Also, try more whole grains(complex carbs) because it gives your body energy throughout the day and it takes your body more to break it down and as someone else mentioned more protein.
  • menacingsprite
    menacingsprite Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It doesn't seem to me like you're eating enough. Instead of having healthy, balanced meals - I see a lot of 'randomness' - coffee drinks, fast food, chips, etc. You do eat a good amount of fruit, though.

From the looks of your calories burned, you're exercising pretty hard. I think you'd have better luck if you kept your net calories around 1200 each day. For example, on June 10th, you only ate 780 total calories, even though you burned 560 off with exercise. That's just not enough to keep your motor running! I'm not surprised you feel a little sluggish.

I completely agree with this. Your body needs a certain amount of calories to keep going -- if you don't give it those calories it will store the fat and calories that it does get into more fat on your body.
  • Janet39
    Janet39 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I swear by a high protein breakfast, Eggs, bacon etc.

If you cannot face the cooking or don't have time in the morning, get some protein bars into your bag to eat on the move. Also drink loads of water.
  • rosy_rsls
    Options
    Thanks for the help everyone!
  • hulietta
    hulietta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes, I wanted to tell you to eat more yesterday, but didn't want to be pushy. But since you're asking... For a long time, I lost weight consistently by eating 1400 calories. (I think we are the same height). Since I am getting closer to my goal, I moved it to 1200. I know it seems counter-intuitive, but you've got to keep that metabolism "motor" running.

Good luck! Feel free to ask more questions. :)
  • jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? If you're around 5'5 or 5'6 your current weight is right around "healthy". The closer a person is to a healthy weight the harder it is to lose weight. You may want to look objectively at your goals....are you hung up on a number?
  • rosy_rsls
    Options
    I am 5'2
  • rosy_rsls
    Options
    Please fill free to yell at me at times haha. I like friends that are straight up with me and tell me what im doing wrong! Thanks for the advice!
    Yes, I wanted to tell you to eat more yesterday, but didn't want to be pushy. But since you're asking... For a long time, I lost weight consistently by eating 1400 calories. (I think we are the same height). Since I am getting closer to my goal, I moved it to 1200. I know it seems counter-intuitive, but you've got to keep that metabolism "motor" running.

Good luck! Feel free to ask more questions. :)
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I saw several days that looked as if you didn't eat much at all--skipped lunch and dinner. I didn't look real close as I was mainly wondering about your sodium - which I see you are tracking. I noticed it seemed to often be below the goal. My doctor recently told me to Increase my sodium by eating more salty snacks, or adding salt to my food (YUK!). I never salt my foods and buy low sodium everything, but we do need sodium in our diets and if those levels get to low you will feel tired alot. Once I started trying to increase my sodium I felt much better. Might be worth consulting your doctor.
  • Teeladog
    Teeladog Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Good job on all that fruit!

However, you seem to skip meals a lot. I saw a number of days where you skipped either lunch or dinner. That is not good. The fact that you are so far under on calories most days is not good either. You NEED to eat more and you need to stop skipping meals - try eating smaller meals more frequently through the day. Skipping meals will mess with your blood sugar levels which will definitely make you feel sluggish.

You don't seem to eat much protein either. I rarely ever make my protein goals on a daily basis either but you do eat a lot of carbs. Don't get me wrong...I am not advocating a low carb diet necessarily. But I did see a lot of processed foods on your diary. I know it is hard to give up the convenience of processed foods (like the special K breakfast bars) so maybe start out getting them out of one meal (breakfast for starters) or try giving up one thing. Small steps add up.

Good luck!
  • rosy_rsls
    Options
    Thank you so much!!! i will def be adding calories... but i had a question. do i go by my net cals or just cals consumed? because when i work out it sets me at negative in the mornings. then it evens out but the net is lower by the amount that i exercised. that always confuses me.
  • Teeladog
    Teeladog Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Different people do different things with their exercise calories. Some people don't eat them. However, I generally eat at least part of mine. I find that I lose weight a lot faster if I fuel my body and, for me, that includes eating my exercise calories every day.
  • rosy_rsls
    Options
    Hmmm ok ill have to experiment then!
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I went through about 10 days of journal entries and what I see is not a lot of protein and a whole lot of carbs. I also see that you almost seem to have a bad day then a good day, some days your calories are too low. My personal opinion is to add more protein and try to cut back the sweets and the carbs.