30 Day Shred v. Six Week 6 Pack.

Options
LadyKT
LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
Ok so I have and done both of these DVDs. Which do you find more challenging?

I feel like i'm going to DIE during 6w6p! 30DS, maybe it's because i'm using little to no weights? or i have to modify some of the moves (side lunges are a no-no with me).

Replies

• momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I did 30 DS first so I find 6w6p easier because my core was already strengthened.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I am in the middle of 30 DS right now and when I am done I am moving into the abs dvd. I use 3 lb hand weights with 30DS and at level 2 I am finding 3 lbs can get quite heavy!!!! I do like the results I see though. I definitely work up quite the sweat during the 20 minutes, but I always feel energized afterwards. I usually go on the elliptical for 20-30 minutes a little while after 30DS.
  • Jami22
    Jami22 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I find 6W6P harder. I did 30DS first and liked the 20 minute hard workout. I tried 6W6P the other day and couldn't make it past the first 20 minutes (1st set).
  • michelle2808
    Options
    I'm doing both right now, however after doing 1 week of 6w6p, I really don't feel it in my core??? I've done Insanity, P90X and TF core and I feel the burn....I'm a little disappointed :( Im going back to Insanity, it works for me! Good luck :)
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I did 30 DS first so I find 6w6p easier because my core was already strengthened.
    Same here.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I have the 30DS dvd and have done it plenty of times and its not as hard as when I first started. Tried 6 week 6 pack on my cable demand and never went back to it lol.. from what I remember I guess it was harder than 30DS lol.. I think it was the lunges.. I have bad knees :/
  • LadyKT
    Options
    For me, the plyo in 6w6p does me in! all that jumping, mountain climbers, burpees, etc. aaaghhh!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Ok so I have and done both of these DVDs. Which do you find more challenging?

I feel like i'm going to DIE during 6w6p! 30DS, maybe it's because i'm using little to no weights? or i have to modify some of the moves (side lunges are a no-no with me).

I only have 5lb weights and those side lunges are the worst part of the workout for me lol
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    Hahaha...too funny! I started them both this week. I do 30DS first and then 6W6P and I have to agree with you. the 30DS is challenging but I do most of the advance moves (except push ups still girly ones :blushing: ). the 6W6P workout is intense and it always kicks my *kitten* (but I love it). I finally was able to incorporate weights with some of the moves this morning (I still cannot do it with the side lunge, it seems such an ackward movement for me). I watched the level 2 version and it is just as insane! What is killer is not so much the core workouts (I consider some of those a break!!!!) but the cardio segments. The burpees always get me with the up down up down, jump...etc. Oh and mountain climbers the second go around always kill me to!! LOL!
    You should try the Yoga meltdown; challenging as well and a lot of plank moves!
  • LadyKT
    Options
    You should try the Yoga meltdown; challenging as well and a lot of plank moves!

I have that one too! I did it once - those planks/side planks are impossible!