Any good soup recipes?

Options
Looking for some diet friendly soup recipes other than chicken noodle. Anyone care to share?

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend checking out the "Recipes" forum on this site.
  • nicoleaprilhardcastle
    Options
    I posted a recipe and photo for broccoli cheese soup in recipes and have been having that for lunch everyday this week
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Love stuffed pepper soup!

If your looking for lower cal soups, anything broth based...ministrone, beef barley, french onion, tomato, vegetable, etc...

Right now i have some beef bones and various veggie scraps simmering for stock. Not sure what type of soup im going to make yet though.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Recipes forum. Skinnytaste.com
  • shousand
    shousand Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    pampered chef has some great recipes...what I love is that they actually list the nutritional values with the recipes. if you like visit my page www.pamperedchef.com/pws/housandskitchen
    Just click on the recipes drop down...pick a meal topic, and search...lots of great ideas to spice up the same old things.
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    "Recipes forum. Skinnytaste.com"--Absolutely. I've enjoyed every recipe I've tried so far from Skinnytaste, especially the butternut-squash-coconut-milk soup.
  • drdavis1234
    drdavis1234 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe for cream of broccoli soup serves four
    2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
    One onion diced
    Sauté for about five minutes
    Add two small chopped new red potatoes diced up
    Sauté for another five minutes
    Add one bulb of garlic fresh garlic, sliced
    Add one whole head of broccoli broken up and slice of the stalk. You can peel the broccoli stalk by slicing off the end and then taking a paring knife and peeling back the sides like a banana and then you slice up the stalk like you would a carrot.
    Cover the broccoli with water and cook until your broccoli is tender, about another 10 minutes. Purée.

I like to allow it to cool before purée it so I'm not putting hot liquid into plastic.
    This same recipe can be used to make cream of cauliflower soup except for you do not add the red potatoes and the water level only goes up to where it is halfway covering the cauliflower.
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Not a recipe - but I love the roasted red pepper and tomato soup from Pacific Organics. 110 calories per cup. I get a big pack of boxes from Costco and drink it out of a mug for a snack. Very tasty.
  • Pudders3
    Pudders3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Recipe for chorizo and butterbean soup, serves 4:

75g chorizo picante
    2 red peppers
    1 medium onion
    I stick of celery
    1 400g can of chopped tomatoes
    1 Knorr chicken stock pot
    1 Knorr flavour pot, mixed herbs
    2 heaped tsp smoked paprika
    2 cans of butterbeans (drained)

Cut the chorizo into 0.5 cm slices, and then cut each slice in half again (so you end up with semi-circle shaped pieces).
    Roughly chop the celery and onion.
    Roughly chop the peppers.
    Fry the chorizo over a medium heat until it had released a lot of its oil. Remove half the pieces, place on kitchen towel to drain and leave to one side.
    Add the celery and onion to the pan and fry until softened (they will start to go translucent. If the pan starts to go dry or the onion starts to brown, you can add a splash of red or white wine vinegar).
    Add the peppers, smoked paprika and herb flavour pot (or use dried mixed herbs if that's all you have), and cook for a further 5 minutes.
    Add chopped tomatoes, butterbeans, stockpot and approx. 500ml of water - you need enough liquid to cover the ingredients so that they're floating in it, like a chunky broth.
    Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
    Remove from heat and blitz with hand blender until no lumps remain - the soup will be nice and thick.
    Chop the reserved chorizo into small-ish pieces and stir through the soup.

This makes 4 large hearty portions for 281 calories per serving. It's my own invention so sorry if it's not as accurate as everyone's used to! It's yummy though!
  • meredithgir199
    meredithgir199 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I made a creamy Chicken & Wild Rice from emilybites.com today and it was so good!
  • 123Allyxox
    123Allyxox Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2013/02/low-carb-avgolemeno-greek-chicken-lemon-egg-soup.html

This^^ even if you don't generally like spaghetti squash, it's AMAZING.