Getting started...again! Anyone back here after a long 'sabbatical'?

Options
Silver_Star
Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
edited January 2016 in Getting Started
icaey7odC6zL2.gif

Replies

• getrealmommy30
    getrealmommy30 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yup! I made a whole new account and everything. I'm starting fresh!
  • Silver_Star
    Options
    Yay! im gonna need a lot more coffee to get this think going this time.
  • _JustNate_
    _JustNate_ Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm back after 3 yrs. lost 40 then. Gained 20 back in 2015. Shame on me.
  • _JustNate_
    _JustNate_ Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Oh. Feel free to add. I don't bite unless u smell like bacon or butterfingers
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm back after about 6 months. I -really- needed a mental break. I lost 50 pounds and gained about 10 back (I'm still within my healthy BMI so I'm not kicking myself too hard). I need to lose 15 more to reach my UGW :smile: .
  • KimberleyWilson2
    KimberleyWilson2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I had left all social media for a while. I came back with a new profile and everything as well! Super excited that I was able to get back into the swing of things so quickly, though I still struggle with logging dinner. I log everything else but it's like after 3 pm I forget everything! Would love some motivation buddies!
  • monica_reinert
    monica_reinert Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I lost 90lbs in 2012 with MFP. After feeling comfortable with the weight I stopped logging in. I am motivated as ever to get back to were I was back then. I have an open diary and always looking for new friends.
  • Silver_Star
    Options
    i have to undo some bad habits i got into after taking a break from MFP so feel free to kick my butt anyone ?
  • HealthySideofLife
    HealthySideofLife Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I lost 80 pounds from 2012-2013 then went through a bunch of bad times until summer of last year. I unfortunately gained all the weight back. So I decided last month that things in my life were at the best it's been since I stopped and am now back in the game! Feel free to add me, anyone!
  • mimilynn79
    mimilynn79 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am back, I have been gone two years. I had a baby and I am at my highest weight ever.
    36 yr old
    5'-6"
    3 Children
    Current weight is 189.

could use some motivational friends
  • FaithfulJewel
    FaithfulJewel Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    *Waves*

I'm back after finally getting an illness under control, in which I have gained back the 16kg I lost last time (16kg in 16 months or so... could've been a lot worse), but my previous IF method won't work now, so full on calorie counting is starting :)

Aiming to lose around 40kg overall, but will take whatever I can get. Feel free to add me, anyone :)
  • jamesgdavenport
    jamesgdavenport Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am! I upgraded my phone last summer and never got back into logging my foods and exercise. needless to say I gained back all the weight i worked so hard to lose. grrrrr I really need a diet and exercise buddy to help me stay focused.
  • jaybird180
    jaybird180 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I had a triple digit logging streak (without even knowing what that was), was working out 3-5 days/week and diligent on an expensive nutrition regimen. An interruption in my supplement supply chain caused a slow breakdown in everything I was doing. I was ~12 shy of my goal - I missed it and basically gave up.

Now, I've decided to go after my goal a bit older, wiser and smarter. I also recently had surgery to correct an internal structural problem and I'm on day 5 post surgery (returned to work yesterday) and I'm energized to improve my physical heath, which means getting my BMI into a better range, despite how good I already look; I could be better.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Im back after a couple years, gaining most of the weight back and having a baby... sigh....
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Also back due to health reasons - I'm on an elimination diet (due to suspected intolerance(s)), so it helps me to track what I eat. However, I gained almost all of my weight back (40 odd lbs to be precise). To be fair, I was going through a lot. But, no more excuses and getting myself back on track. Feel free to add me.
  • jennyi27
    jennyi27 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Back at it! Doing a weight loss challenge at work, and I want to win! Have lots to lose. I am excited about the first week though. Down 14.9lbs! Mostly water weight, but I'll take it!

Feel free to add me. We can do this together! <3
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Yep, me. Health issues after losing 58lbs caused me to stop giving a damn, and I gained back 34 over 3 years. I'd just reached my initial goal weight (top end of 'normal' bmi) when I first became unwell - I'd originally planned to go into maintenance for a while and re-evaluate. I came back here a few months ago and am now within a couple of pounds of picking up where I left off, and am setting about figuring out what my actual goal is (estimating another 15lbs or so), but without that pesky internal organ to knock me off course :)
  • racerguy
    racerguy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm back after 9 months. Thought I could do it on my own. I was wrong. I didn't gain any more weight but I didn't lose any either. I have about 55lbs to get rid of. Feel free to add me
  • ddkay619
    ddkay619 Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Me too! I have only logged in sporadically in the past two years and seem to only log food for a few days. Now at my highest weight ever, I really hope to stick with it from now on. I couldn't help notice there are others like me that feel like we need a kick in the butt to get it in gear. I keep considering paying for a weight loss program so someone will hold me accountable! :blush:
  • DarbiB
    DarbiB Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Siiiigh, I'm back. I went from 236-157, and then stopped. Now I'm back up to 182 as of this morning. BIG SIGH.

Personally I'm having the worst time getting back into the swing of things. Why is falling off the wagon the easiest thing in the world?