New Workout Ideas - Female Weight Training

Options
Hey all!
I have started a serious journey to health since December - proud to say that I have effectively lost 7lbs and approximately 5 inches overall since I began working out consistently.

The only issue that I have run in to recently is that I'm starting to get bored with my lifting workouts. I LOVE to lift weights, I just need some fresh ideas on what sets work for you! If anyone has any ideas that they're willing to share, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Get on a structured program:
    New Rules of Lifting for Women
    Strong Curves
    SL 5x5
    Starting Strength

Just to name a few.

I've done SL 5x5, Wendler 5/3/1 and PHUL-loved them all. I do prefer PHUL at maintenance or above though.
  • FemmeFireRL
    FemmeFireRL Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I started the Stronglifts 5x5 (free IOS/Android App) and love it!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I started the Stronglifts 5x5 (free IOS/Android App) and love it!

It's nice right? Definitely a good beginner program. I tried it out as an intermediate lifter on a cut and it was a beast after 5 weeks.
  • sabrinarsweet
    sabrinarsweet Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Try doing wall sits or planks
  • stephxo1
    stephxo1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Two different structured workouts that I have tried and gotten great results from are:

Power Muscle Burn........https://www.muscleandstrength.com/search/query?terms=power+muscle+burn

&

PHUL........https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout

Both equally as good although I'd also advise to opt for PHUL if eating in a surplus as it hits each muscle group twice a week. Get yourself a notebook and start logging your lifts too. Being able to look back on your previous workout and have an idea on how to progress whether it be with weight or reps is important and without progression you could be spinning your wheels for a while. Good luck and if you want to ask me anything else send me a FR. Steph.
  • winddancinash
    winddancinash Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much! Definitely going to look into all of the links and programs suggested! And Steph you're right, I do need to start logging how much I lift. I think it will help me push myself more