100 pounds to go and looking for others on the same journey

Options
picasso66
picasso66 Posts: 38 Member
edited January 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hi, I'm 49 and have been obese pretty much my entire life. I lost 150 pounds in 1995 and after some personal hardships and even more happier times, I reached my highest weight in September, 2014 of 315. I began my journey and lost 73 lbs. in a year and then I had a setback plus vacation and the holidays. A couple of weeks ago my inner slim diva reminded me it's time to get up and move and I'm now back on track and I'm down 3.8 and am feeling energized and ready to continue the journey. I have a mini goal of hitting 215 pounds before I turn 50 in September. I'm currently at 260 but I believe I can do it!

I would like to find others who are on a similar journey to be friends with to encourage, support and motivate in a no-judgement zone. I have a Fitbit and enjoy doing workweek or weekend challenges and it really helps motivate me to move.

Add me if you'd like to be friends. :smiley:

Replies

• megsmom85
    megsmom85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, Picasso66. Keep believing, because you can do it!!!

I'm in the same boat as you; I'm trying to lose 121 pounds. I've lost 80 pounds over the last three years, and am down to 295 (from 375). I have a multitude of orthopaedic issues that limits my mobility and what exercises I can do, but am determined that this is MY year; I'm going to do whatever it takes to get down to 175 pounds. Like you, I also have a Fitbit and with that and MyFitnessPal, I'm optimistic that I'll be able to get there.

Good luck!

• kspoplar
    kspoplar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and I'm on my third time around losing around 100 pounds. I started my journey (this time) in January 2015. So far I've lost 75 pounds. My first goal is to make 175. I'm at 183.5 now. I lost 2.5 pounds this week-my first loss in about 3 months. I'm so relieved and excited at the loss.

I use a Fitbit too and would love to have friends for support and encouragement with no judgement. I can't figure out how to add you, but I would like to be friends! Add me if you can.
  • debkie77
    debkie77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I started again trying to lose weight at age 49 just over a year ago. To date I am down 114 pounds with 65-70 to go. So I feel like I am just like you! I am a daily logger & happy to provide support. Look for my add.
  • debkie77
    debkie77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am also a Fitbit user!
  • Nell8i8
    Nell8i8 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Have sent a request!
  • Upcycletwins
    Upcycletwins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new on here I'm 36 and a single mom of 5. They are all teens now and I'll be 41 when the last leaves the nest and I want to enjoy myself and not be this big. I just started my journey Jan. 8th at 362 and I'm down to 347 so 15 lbs down and I'm doing everything to stay motivated. I'm a fitbit user and would love to connect with others on the same path. My Connect user name is navymom02 please add me!! I feel you guys would definetly be great support and if love to see you progress as well!
  • dangerouscurvs
    dangerouscurvs Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am so with you guys, I have a staggering amount of weight to lose..140 lbs I've been on MFP a couple of times and it's great. I'm down nearly 30 lbs but I'm losing momentum and I'd like to get a fire started again.I'm better about encouraging other people, not so much motivating myself.... Y'all can add me if youd like. They seem to have changed the way you send friend requests and I don't know how anymore. Lol anyhow...GO US!! WE CAN DO IT!
  • JenniferLynWhatx
    JenniferLynWhatx Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    129ish lbs to lose! Feel free to add
  • laurenbowen2904
    laurenbowen2904 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm working to loose 40 kilos/90 pounds - so far I'm down 5.6kgs/12 pounds. Feel free to add me :-)
  • mellymint80
    mellymint80 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have 120 pounds to lose, I am with you. Recently I lost 280 lbs of cheating and lying husband and that in and of itself is like a huge weight. Now I need to step up my game and get back to a better, healthier me!
  • VansBel374
    VansBel374 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm working to lose another 75. Feel free to add me as well!
  • Beigewhale
    Beigewhale Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've just lost 35 lbs -- most of it in the last 2 months. I'm at 270ish lbs atm, and looking to lose an even 100 off that if my body thinks its possible. Anyone in a similar boat feel free to add me!
  • picasso66
    picasso66 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you for responding. I'm looking forward to connecting with each of you on this journey. I'm excited and hope you are too!
  • TheDiaryOfAFatGirl
    TheDiaryOfAFatGirl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    If you work hard and continue to see your goal ahead, you will successfully reach it! Just believe and trust in yourself. I too was up high at 340 pounds. I got down to 220 pounds on a weight loss program in about a year. I didn't finish through and gained a lot back. When I say a lot I am talking I am up to 304 pounds now. I know what to do and how to do it, it's all about motivation, support and hard work. If you would like, you can add me as a friend :) I would love to support you and get support as well. I want to get down to 150-160 pounds. I am no longer doing a weight loss program, I am doing this the all natural way... eating right, learning more, helping others, and physically working this fat off.
  • annievaughn
    annievaughn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 and I have about 100 lbs to lose...around 270-5 right now. I've always been heavy, so I sort of lose focus after a few pounds are off and I start feeling better. If I get down to 250 I will stay there for the rest of the year. The strategy worked for me last year :) As I start to go through menopause, with everyone gaining, if I lose even a little, I will be far ahead. I work fulltime and I also enjoy fitbit challenges. Send me a friend request if you like.