Win or Lose, Tight or Loose

Options

Replies

• unaffected
    unaffected Posts: 154
    Options

or frank and hotdog, I really hate that one.

YES!!!

:wink:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    sFun_comp.gif
    sFun_DeadHorse-1.gif
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    You know what I can't stand?? The spelling police!
    Why do you really care, if you understand what they are saying or askign what do you really care if someone has spelt something wrong? I say get a life!!

^this^
  • rosieef
    rosieef Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Why do you really care, if you understand what they are saying or askign what do you really care if someone has spelt something wrong? I say get a life!!

Quite often I cannot understand what someone is trying to say because their use of language is so bad. It really does matter.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options

Quite often I cannot understand what someone is trying to say because their use of language is so bad. It really does matter.

I agree with this. If you insist on hashing out your opinions, at least include some punctuation in your argument. I can see a few typos, but please learn to accept the fact that "wanted" is not spelled like "wonted".
  • coquetona
    coquetona Posts: 185 Member
    Options

How is it the spelling police when the usage of the word is wrong? Lose and loose is not a spelling issue when the person uses it incorrectly ten times in one paragraph. I actually won't read through an entire post if I have to make guesses of what the person is asking or trying to say.

This thread was posted in good fun and it was not intended to offend anyone. The differences between your post and my post are huge. It seems as though you are the one that cares and you are actually getting emotional about it. "I say get a life!!" Seriously?? Now that I know I am talking to a 5 year old it is much easier to understand why you can't type, spell or figure out the proper usage of a word.
  • edinphx
    edinphx Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I bet I "way" less than you! haha
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    to,too and two and paragraphs ! just use them OK!! LOL, Done.
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options

I agree. It annoys me when I see some of the grammar issues, but I get on with my life. I understand that not everyone knows how to use proper grammar. Stop insulting people just because it annoys you. It's petty.
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options

How is it the spelling police when the usage of the word is wrong? Lose and loose is not a spelling issue when the person uses it incorrectly ten times in one paragraph. I actually won't read through an entire post if I have to make guesses of what the person is asking or trying to say.

This thread was posted in good fun and it was not intended to offend anyone. The differences between your post and my post are huge. It seems as though you are the one that cares and you are actually getting emotional about it. "I say get a life!!" Seriously?? <b>Now that I know I am talking to a 5 year old it is much easier to understand why you can't type, spell or figure out the proper usage of a word.</b>

Whether this was posted for fun or to be offensive, I'm pretty sure a lot of the people reading this who use some of the listed misspelled words took offense as you making fun of them. You didn't have to be rude by insulting her and calling her a five year old.
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options

This thread was posted in good fun and it was not intended to offend anyone. The differences between your post and my post are huge. It seems as though you are the one that cares and you are actually getting emotional about it. "I say get a life!!" Seriously?? <b>Now that I know I am talking to a 5 year old it is much easier to understand why you can't type, spell or figure out the proper usage of a word.</b>

Whether this was posted for fun or to be offensive, I'm pretty sure a lot of the people reading this who use some of the listed misspelled words took offense as you making fun of them. You didn't have to be rude by insulting her and calling her a five year old.

When did the world get so sensitive and touchy?

This is the problem with things today...people ignore the problem and try to deal with it instead of correcting it. I think if someone tells me, "Hey you are pronouncing that wrong or you are spelling that incorrectly" then I take it constructively and not get butt hurt because I was corrected. I'd rather do things properly instead of settling to be ignorant and continue sounding like an idiot.

What gets me too is that English is my 2nd language and for a lot of folks on here it is their primary language...if I can make a dedicated effort to speak your language properly shouldn't you do the same for your native tongue?
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    What about " take and bring"
    Take it away
    Bring it back
    I say them interchangeably but I write them in correctly.
    Drives my husband insane :huh:
  • coquetona
    Options

Actually I was hoping the post would help people out and I was trying to do it in a fun and lighthearted way. Just by reading the title some people might have thought to themselves "whoops, I've been using the wrong word." (That has actually happened to me before on a forum board and I realized my mistake and was happy to correct it). If someone actually opened up the post and read what I said I was making a joke of how it was a "rant." It clearly was not because it was explaining the difference between the two words and normally rants include people going off about something. Also most rants do not include smiley faces. I wasn't upset about anything, it was only something I noticed. To me, my post's intention was like letting someone know that they have something in their teeth instead of letting them walk around all day and talking to people with it stuck there.

I know I was being rude in my response but I was being rude to a rude post. You probably would think "get a life!" was rude if you didn't agree with that person's side.

Either way I don't really care and I'm only posting because I'm bored at work. I do think it is funny that people can be so sensitive about such small things and then wonder why they have a heart attack later. If you can't handle a post that shows you the difference between two words and how to use them, how would you handle things of actual importance?
  • coquetona
    Options
    What about " take and bring"
    Take it away
    Bring it back
    I say them interchangeably but I write them in correctly.
    Drives my husband insane :huh:

Haha Hadn't thought of that one!
  • coquetona
    Options
    Exactly parachick77!
  • Higglyjiggly64
    Options
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Wait loss, anywon? ;-)
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I hate seeing "should of, could of, would of". You should've used could've, and I would've applauded.
    The first is an error of the ear- you have heard the phrase more than you have seen it written, and so go by how it sounds.
  • russele
    russele Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    my biggest hate is when people who are outside call the ground the floor. It drives me mad!
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I hate seeing "should of, could of, would of". You should've used could've, and I would've applauded.
    The first is an error of the ear- you have heard the phrase more than you have seen it written, and so go by how it sounds.
    This is my pet peeve as well. "I should of gone with them". NO! "I should have gone with them"