Fun in florida

Options
Hi, we're freezing down here it is 48 degrees! I'm Donna 66 years old I live in Tampa. I just joined weight watchers and I belong to overeaters anonymous I'm using everything I can think of. I don't have that much to lose but I want to keep it off. You know?

Replies

• lynnstrick01
    lynnstrick01 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    HEY DONNA, I'm in Plant City we are practically neighbors, I think the northern folks hate us when we complain about FREEZING in the 40's.. hee hee

I hear you about keeping it off, I have lost before and gained it right back, I have come to the conclusion that you cannot DIET. You have to make lifelong changes. keeping it off (for me at least) is more psychological than physiological. Think about how you gained the weight to begin with, then make SMALL changes that you know you will keep up after the weight comes off. the definition of insanity is that you keep doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.. SOOO If you crash diet, hit the gym, lose the weight, then go back to sitting on the couch and eating pizza ( the pizza /couch thing is just an analogy, not saying that is what you did) it will just come right back (usually plus some), and for some reason it seems like every time it gets harder to lose.

The fact that you say you only have a little to lose can be good or bad, good because you may not have to make any BIG changes.. bad because if you lose it pretty quickly it may not give to time to truly CHANGE those bad habits.
  • pa2llo
    pa2llo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've already lost about 30 lbs. I have about 20 more. I have a food plan and I bought a fitbit. Because I have humana medicare I get a free gym membership so when I don't get my 10,000 steps at work I go there. My food Crack is sugar, I stay away from it, being diabetic helps. I have a sponsor in OA so I'm accountable with my food, I attend meetings and work steps and attend one weight watcher meeting.