Sick of being me, time for a change!

Options
MTgal477
MTgal477 Posts: 829 Member
edited January 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all! I'm completely new to this app thing. I saw it on instagram and thought I'd give it a try. I'm at a dead end with the way I feel about my body and I need a huuuuge change! I'm hating myself and I want to love life again! I've got two young kids and I work full time, just struggling every day with trying to fit my work outs in and eat healthier meals that the whole family will love. I'd appreciate any advice! Thanks!

Replies

• whoffmanz
    whoffmanz Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Most kids will learn to eat what their parents eat regularly. Don't over cater to them. I prepare all the meals at home. I have come up with a lot of tricks to prepare healthy meals quickly after working all day. Glad to share ideas.
  • kfm6
    kfm6 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    mntnwmn477 wrote: »
    Hi all! I'm completely new to this app thing. I saw it on instagram and thought I'd give it a try. I'm at a dead end with the way I feel about my body and I need a huuuuge change! I'm hating myself and I want to love life again! I've got two young kids and I work full time, just struggling every day with trying to fit my work outs in and eat healthier meals that the whole family will love. I'd appreciate any advice! Thanks!

Good luck. Friend me if you want support.
  • sspvegeta
    sspvegeta Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I know how you feel and ive started today also. Goodluck x
  • shnibby
    shnibby Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @mntnwmn477 firstly don't feel bad about yourself. It all starts with you and your loved ones. A healthy and active lifestyle is hard to manage. We aren't all blessed with living the lifestyle where we can wake up and not have to worry about anything like food, work or money..lol
    Just don't be hard on yourself and plan ahead, if I can suggest anything that would be it. Plan,plan and plan ahead.
    It'll take some time but once you get the hang of it, it will be worthwhile.
    Cheer up mate
  • ggymstar19
    ggymstar19 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have also just started seriously on my health journey. So far I have lost 4lbs
  • lainy1979
    lainy1979 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to how you're feeling. When I see myself in the mirror I don't look like me anymore & I'm fed up with hating my body & how its changed since having my baby girl. Something's got to give!! Trying a new diet and fitting some sort of workout schedule into family life is hard, hope we get through it! ☺
  • MTgal477
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies everyone! @whoffmanz I'd love some meal ideas if you're willing to share. My 4 year old is a super picky eater and pretty much won't eat anything unless it was his idea, so I usually end up making two different meals at dinner....
    @kfm6 thanks! I'd love to friend you....how do I do that? Hahaha
    @sspvegeta and @ggymstar19 thank you, and good luck to you too! Awesome job on your weight loss so far!
    And @shnibby thanks for the encouragement. I think that me feeling so down about myself is what has really driven me to this point of wanting to lose weight. It's been a loooong time coming and now's the time! I'm ready to feel good about myself again :)
  • startingoveragain2020
    Options
    Hey. I'm feeling the same way as you! I'll add you if that's ok?
  • ilovelife0katie
    ilovelife0katie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling but tbh I can't remember the last time I didn't feel this way. It's crazy how things creep up on you. If only it was as easy to lose the weight as it was to gain it.
  • MTgal477
    Options
    lainy1979 wrote: »
    I can totally relate to how you're feeling. When I see myself in the mirror I don't look like me anymore & I'm fed up with hating my body & how its changed since having my baby girl. Something's got to give!! Trying a new diet and fitting some sort of workout schedule into family life is hard, hope we get through it! ☺

EXACTLY @lainy1979 ! Good luck to you and I hope we can swap and recipes and exercise ideas around!
  • MTgal477
    Options
    @ml_g9 got your request! Let's help each other out on this new lifestyle, I know I can use it!
  • MTgal477
    Options
    I know the feeling but tbh I can't remember the last time I didn't feel this way. It's crazy how things creep up on you. If only it was as easy to lose the weight as it was to gain it.

Right @ilovelife0katie ?!! I've tried many times before to "diet" but never had success. It's hard to stick to healthy meal plans and exercise, when I'm the only one in my house doing it. My kids don't want to eat what I eat and my husband definitely isn't going to diet, so he eats whatever, and eventually I fall back into my old ways. BUT, I feel different this time, like I might actually do it! I started changing my eating habits and working out on the 4th of this month and I've actually suck to it, I've only had a hiccup or two, but got back on track. Good luck to you and I hope we can motivate one another!
  • startingoveragain2020
    Options
    mntnwmn477 wrote: »
    @ml_g9 got your request! Let's help each other out on this new lifestyle, I know I can use it!

Definitely! I need all the motivation/help I can get to keep going! We can do it :-)

• sandmross
    sandmross Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Support online is a great step, however support at home is the key. If the hubs isn't into dieting, that's totally understandable! We are men, grunt, grunt, we don't get down like that! Lol. Sell him and yourself on flexible eating. Do a little research, use the flexible eating calculator and enter your macros in this app. You will loose weight, eat more, the lifestyle is sustainable, you can still have a social life, and your health will improve! Diets in my mind = yoyo behavior! Why? Sustainability! Change your life and how you view yourself forever! You can easily do it!
  • thehoss316
    thehoss316 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    @mntnwmn477 Welcome to the app! I've only recently started to crash the message boards. Could use some new friends. Add me.
  • MTgal477
    Options
    Great advice @sandmross ! I'll have to look into this macro thing a bit more, but it sounds like something I can live with!